Writer's Strike

@roberten (3131)
What is your opinion on the Writer's Strike, and how is it effecting your favorite television show?
It doesn't effect my favorite television shows. It did however effect my job. Since I write for a living and am associated with writing script, I was laid off after the writer's strike. I'm back on mylot now writing my opinions for free and loving it.
@roberten (3131)
Sorry you got laid off but sure glad you are back with us sharing...their lost is our gain, Write-on!!!
Everything happens for a reason. I'm loving sitting on my keaster for a while. The writing is mostly therapy for me anyways.
@roberten (3131)
While ur sitting, visit helium.com; also look at payperpost.com. I really like helium; great place to exercise ur writer's skills to stay sharp.
@sizzle3000 (3039)
The writers strike doesn't affect me at all. When my shows go to reruns I just pop in a dvd and watch something else. The only people this strike is really hurting is the writers. When the writers don't write the networks just put on reality shows that do not need scripts. Then the shows do good and the network doesn't bring back a show that needs a script at all. I will not be surprised if a lot of shows get cancelled because of the strike. There are tons of actors and actresses that are not getting publicity for their movies therefore the movies may not make as much money. In the long run the actors will be paid less because the movies they did this year did not make the money that is need to pay the actors. The other thing is that the hair and costume people will all end up loosing their jobs or taking less money. Money Money Money it is a shame that everything comes down to money. Enough is enough. This is one reason that I buy movies and television shows on dvd. I can watch what I want when I want and it doesn't matter who gets paid. I always get to see my shows.
@roberten (3131)
So right, sizzle3000, it is a shame that the real conflict is money! Greed is not a terrible thing to waste, we have too much of it as it is. Thank you for your enlightening comment.
@maddysmommy (16233)
There are a few programs that I do tape and watch later but as far as the writers strike, it hasn't really bothered me too much. When I was working seasonal, i had no time for tv.
I have not seen anything so far that bothered me. Not unless it is why desperate housewives was a repeat. I am so loving the time I have to play the sims. I watch my soaps and that is about it most days.
@roberten (3131)
Yeah, that's the reason for the reruns but I've noticed that some shows are managing to squeeze out a new episode here and there. Doesn't effect me too much either 'cuz I spend so much time on line. My game is Bejeweled 2.