How do you go about buying furniture for your home?

I was thinking of buying a new pullout. it would replace my full size bed. I would then have room to have an office during the daytime and bedroom at night. You would have to see my room to understand. I have no walking space here. I was thinking after looking through furniture books last night. It may be better for me to go to rent a center or Aaron's. Fine my favorite furniture and pay it out over 3 payments. This way I won't have that extra charge and get the top of the line furniture. This is how I bought my computer. It was cheaper there that dell and complete. How do you shop for furniture. Also what do you think of the rent a center option?
@lightningMD (5931)
We have furniture from rent a canter right now. We plan on paying for it within the 90 days same as cash deal. That way there is no extra financing charges. I think it is a great way to go as long as you pay it off. If not you are paying double the actual cost.I think a pull out is a great idea. It would free up a lot of space for you.
Sorry for the late best response.
@foxyfire33 (10007)
LOL...I go to Walmart and but whatever they have. Nice furniture shopping has never been in the budget no matter how I looked at it. I don't even know if we have a rent-a-center anywhere nearby...not that I've noticed anyway. I do really like your idea for your bedroom though and think you'll be very hapy with it that way. I know what it's like to have very small spaces doing double duty. Very soon I'm finally going to have a bedroom again and I'm planning on putting my futon in there instead of a real bed so that it can be folded up for more space. The toom I'm moving into is only about 9x8 or so not counting the closet and I'll need room for our bed, the crib and at least one dresser plus whatever else is decided we are allowed to have in there.
@kellys3ps (3726)
We used Aaron's to purchase a new couch because we didn't have the money to buy one upfront. It is MUCH more expensive to buy this way, but nice if you don't have all the money at once.
When we shopped for furniture, we looked around different shops in main cities and in our local area. Our local area was the best place to look for bargains because we brought good products at cheaper prices than the main high street. Our best buy was our fridge freezer because we brought it for £90 cheaper than the prices at leading high street shops. Local shops here usually give you free local delivery too and high street shops usually make you pay for delivery on top of the product price. ~Joeys wife
@sedel1027 (17851)
We did the rentacenter thing and enjoyed our furniture. We paid less than $1500 for a leather sofa, leather chair, coffee table and 2 end tables. We did pay it off before the "lease" was up. We had that furniture for about 4 years, it made 6 moves with us and one with my parents. We still have the end tables and coffee table. The sofa we gave to my BIL for his band to use and my MIL took the chair. I don't know if it was cheaper but it was better for us at the time. We just didn't have the money for nice furniture. If I had to do it right now, I would wait a month or so for taxes and just buy everything up front and hold on to if for a long time.