Have You Ever Given A BR to the Wrong Person?

@worldwise1 (14887)
This happened to me recently: I was going through the responses to one of my discussions, thinking of which one I wanted to choose for best response. I really think that what happened was my mind wandered to something other than what it should have been on, and, before you know it, I had clicked on a best response for someone I had not intended. What to do? I couldn't call it back, so I just had to live with the knowledge that the person who really deserved the best response did not receive it. This has also happened to me on a couple of occasions when I thought I would not receive any more responses to a discussion-someone comes along with a much better response! Has either of these situstions ever happened to you? Do you think the guidelines should be amended regarding best responses?
@arkaf61 (10881)
OH yes. I've made a mistake a few times and, like you I also sometimes gave best response to someone because it was the best one so far and then someone else posted a much better one. I don't really take that too seriously though, it's not an exact science and what sounds like a best response to me might not be the same for other people. It's very relative .
@worldwise1 (14887)
Your point is well taken, arkaf.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I remember I once gave out a bes response to one that was deserving but then 5 minutes later someone responded with an even better one! I put in my comment to them that it was too bad they hadn't respoded sooner or else they would have gotten it. It was the best I could do for them.
@worldwise1 (14887)
I agree, foxyfire. Once it is done, it is done.
@carolbee (16231)
Don't think I've ever given a member the br by accident. Try real hard to pay close attention to what I am doing and that's not always possible! I have, however, accidently hit the minus instead of the plus on a conversation. Wish there was a way to retrieve it and change it. Not sure myLot can do much about the br system unless they password protect it prior to the time the button is used. Might give the poster a chance to change their mind before actually sending. I have more problems with the "add an image." Wish they would place it in this box. Would be a good reminder before a response is sent. Happy New Year, carolbee
@worldwise1 (14887)
I recently sent a message to admin, carolbee, about possibly placing the "add an image" link beneath the box here.
Well I geuss I am not the only one who waits weeks, even months, before determing who the best response would go to. If the discussion stays open for a long time, I generally get a feel for who is responding best to the discussion topic. The longer the discussion stays open, the better visibility, interaction and money can be made from that discussion, so I wait . . . sharing the light and happy holidays, Miss Erica Hidvegi, the Enlightenment_Advisor, B.A. Psych/M.A. Transpersonal Studies- Cnslng/Author, Artist, Photographer, Entrepreneur & Freelance extraordinaire
@worldwise1 (14887)
I do try to leave my discussions open as long as they are receiving responses, sojourn, but if the number remains the same after a couple of days, I will usually move on.
@ctrymuziklvr (11059)
I'm in the process of cleaning up my BR's and did it two times in a row! For some reason my mouse slipped and went down to the next response. Don't you just hate when that happens...lol!
@worldwise1 (14887)
It is the worse, ctry! There really should be an edit button like they have on Yahoo Answers.
@wolfie34 (26791)
It's easily done my friend! I'm sure you're not the only one who has done that, and hold my hands up to it too, I think I had other stuff on my mind, either that or I had loads of windows open and I was trying to multitask, you know do three jobs at once, which obviously failed me! That will teach me a lesson and after a few expletives I think I sent the person who should have got the br a quick message to let them know what had happened, fortunately they were on my friends list, they were great about it, mistakes do happen. But yes once again it would be nice to have an edit button on here, and not only for typos either!
@worldwise1 (14887)
I do wish I had done the same thing, wolfie! This other responder was so much more deserving. If it ever happens again I will follow your lead.
@MsTickle (25050)
Yes, I have. I think it's an unecessary feature as well. It doesn't mean anything. Not to me anyway. How many times have you posted a discussion and received many good answers that all deserved best response? Lots, I'll bet. What of the post that only gets a few responses because it was so lame...in my early days here I had a few of these....lol. In these discussions, none of the responses is worthy of a "best" award either. My vote would be to just do away with this feature.