Father or Mother

@scorpio16 (1707)
Who is more important for children in case they have only one option due to any unfortunate reasons/happening. Can either of them nurture their children equally. I have seen during divorce, both of them try to get children with either of them but which is better for a child - Dad or Mom.
@dreamy1 (3815)
To me it would really depend on the personality and circumstances of the parent. What if the mother really doesn't care about the child and only had it because the father wanted it. It wouldn't be a wise choice to give it to the mother just because they are the mother. Men can do just as good of a job as raising a child as mothers but it depends on how much they would care for the child.
@ersmommy1 (12596)
Now that I am an adult, my parents are divorcing. But I have the opinion that it would be the mom. Whenever there was or is a family difficulty my mom deals/dealt with it. Came to school meetings. Got us to the doctors. Helped us when we were ill. Spent time with us. My dad would get up go to work, come home be in his lazy boy. For me, my sister, and my brother, same scene. My mother has always been the go to parent. Tha said, I am very proud that I have a husband who is equally involved with our daughter. He may work 6 days a week outside the house, but we do a great deal together as a family.I think my daughter will have better experiences because of both of us. From my childhood, the provider of love, affection, schooling, nursing came mostly from my mom. Then my grandparents. Dad was always sitting things out. Still is.