When your babysitting and the child arrives sleepy

soon they are off to sleep as they come at 8am. They also stay up till they get ready to sleep. Which is so not good for kids. One is two and the other is 4. How long is too long to let them sleep? The oldest girl said to me around 9am I am sleepy I need someone to put me to sleep. So I went to the bedroom and we all three laid down. They fell off to sleep and so did I. I got up about 40 minutes later. The mother was at my house late last night. Anyway being mothers how long is too long to let the child sleep?
@sedel1027 (17850)
Kds at 2 and 4 probably both could use naps during the day. If the kids are going to bed late - like midnightish - they should be sleeping until at least 10 the next day. Kids require a lot of sleep. Even with sleeping until 10, I wuoldn't be surprised if the 2 year old would want at least an hour nap.
They both fell asleep at 9am. They both slept till 1:45pm. I did not want to wake them up to early. today the baby came at 8am and she was sleep from 9am to 2pm I be feeling like this must be sleep they are not getting at home. I don't plan to pry or anything I just plan to let them sleep when needed. The older one faught her sleep today because we found some crayons. Thanks very much
@lilybug (21145)
My 11 month old sleeps for about 12 hours a night and takes a 2 hour nap during the day. I was told that my son who will be 8 next week need to get around 10 hours of sleep every night. He usually only gets about 9. The ages you are talking about, I would say about 10-11 hours a day is about right.
I think they arrive to tired in the am. It's a good thing they love coming to my house. I let them sleep till they are ready to wake. Thanks so much for the help.
@dreamy1 (3815)
I'd let them sleep as long as they need. The average person should get at least eight hours but children need a lot of sleep. I don't have kids but if I did I'd put them to bed early and let them sleep as long as they can I wouldn't wake them up if it's not necessary.
Yes they slept a long time and I just let them. tomorrow I have to see what happens. Thanks so much