Please don't be harsh I am only being honest here

Do you ever notice when a government worker gets killed. They are bragged about all over the news. Joe blow was a great man and was this and that and that. Are we not realizing these people are doing the same things others are doing. I was in a battered womans shelter years ago. Woman were running for years from a cop who beat them horribly. I personally know of a fire fighter here in town. Who beat his wife many times. Cheated on her with other men and so much more. I am not saying they are not good people. But darn they only praise them when they pass on. I even think we should not wait till our loved one pass to praise them when they were real losers in life. Ok now I will take all your opinions. Thanks so much
@Polly1 (12648)
You are so right. I know a story about a dirty cop that was killed by a kid. This cop was made out to be a hero. It is true he did not deserve to be killed. I do feel sorry for he cop and his family. I also feel sorry for the mixed up kid who has messed up his life in a second. I feel sorry for his family too. This kid could be anyones kid, he was 15 yrs. old when this happened. Now he is in prison for a very long time, what is he going to be like when and if he gets out. Its a very sad thing for everyone involved.
I can say he won't be much good without job training. My brother the youngest one. Was arrested at 14 for murder. he is now going on 31 I do believe. I know he won't be worth too much on the out side. He mind is warped to the system already.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
Well, I feel like this, they are human and humans make mistakes just like anyone else. The reason that they deserve and get praise is because they have committed their lives to serving and protecting the community. I know that every cop is not a good one, but every one of them are not corrupt either. I believe that what they are praising them for is a good job well done. I do not believe that it would be fair to bash them after they are gone. It does no good, besides, they are no longer here to defend themselves. However, I can relate to what you are saying. I can just imagine a fireman or cop being killed and being praised city wide and the wife or child that they have abused is sitting there wanting everyone to know the real story. Believe me, it is a lot worse if your husband is the elder of your church and he cheats. My sister had to live through that.
Well you have something right here. I still say they have to stop praising the crooked people so much.