why parents pander to children's every wish?

@manvik (981)
Hungary
It is estimated thatin just one year,an average child in America sees 40,000 TV commercials.Add to these the video games,sophisticated music players,computer programs,name-brand clothing that children see in stores and in the homes of their friends, and then they try to imagine the barrage of requests parents face as a result.Some parents have pandered to their children's every wish.Why?If parents igonre their wishes does it mean parents don't love their children?
Sometimes it's easier to say yes than set limits. That just raises ungreatful little brats that I have to deal with when I'm out in public. I saw a kid dressed 2 days ago in this: Tank top, flip flops, short cut off sleep PJ shorts and a hat. It was 19 outside with a windchill of about 6. This girl was complaining how cold she was and all her mother would say was that they were almost at the car. Um hello? Why did you let your daughter go out dressed like it's 95 outside when it's in actuality 19? The thermometer on my husband's truck read 19 when I got out of the car to go in the store When I came out, that woman and her kid were in front of me. My mother would have knocked me through the wall I tried to dress like that. It all boils down to how good of a parent you are. IMO, the better you are, the more you say no and the less it effects you. Just because you have a wailing kid in Wal-Mart because he wants the new action figure that'll cause you to have to take out a 2nd loan on your house to pay for is not a reason to give in. Say no, spank him and tell him to shut it up!
@manvik (981)
• Hungary
hi,thanks for the reply.:)
@eden32 (3976)
When I had my first child I found it very hard to say no to him. Not because he was any more demanding than any other kid, but because I wanted to give him everything. It seemed to me that if I had the ability to give him something he wanted, that I should. I grew up without a lot of material things and wanted my son to have more. It took me quite a few years to figure out that's not the best approach to parenting. It does lead the child to ask for more and more, never being satisfied with all that they have already.
@DeenaD (2688)
I agree that this is bad parenting. I think sometimes parents just want some peace -they want their kids to stop screaming and pestering them, and it's easy to give in to what that child demands. However, in the long term this is always the wrong move, as it rewards bad behavior in the children and just sets these parents up for more of the same bad behavior from their kids.
@deebomb (15319)
Kids know what buttons to push to get their own way. Sometime the kids are stronger than their parents. As the kids get older it gets harder to say no to them. Some parents just don't realize that other people don't like the kid because they act like a brat. I have noticed that since the 50s each generation panders more and more to their kids. The product producing companies know how the push the need buttons too. Take cell phones for example. The cell phone companies say you can't live without one. So they become a status symble, and everyone needs to have one(they think).
@Ohara_1983 (4119)
• Kuwait
i dont think that if parent ignore thier children wishes, the parent just give them a limit not to give everything so they can understand that not all the time they can buy thing easily for them.children can understand if you will tell them in a good words.