Tatoos on sports figures

@estherlou (5017)
Here is a slide show of different sports stars who have tatoos. It was interesting to see all of the action photos. One picture caught my eye though. The Rock has a huge tatoo covering one arm and part of his chest. Is it new? or do they cover his tatoos when he does movies? We've all seen him with a bare chest before and this is certainly a visible tatoo. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0801/tattoo.a.z/content.18.html
@jillmalitz (5132)
He has had that for a while. I saw him talking about it on a talk show one year. He said it was a reflection of his family heritage. Yes they can cover tats with makeup for movies, etc.
I am sure some one told you that they have special make up that covers up tatoos for photos and on film. I do not know what it looks like in real life.
@Lakota12 (42681)
they probably use makeup to cover it for I havent seen any tattos on him in any movie as yet! and also could be new
@suspenseful (40314)
When I was in my high school theater group, we had stage makeup and it was rather heavy stuff, it could hide anything. We needed it because we had to show who we were playing to someone in the back row of the auditorium. In movies, they use the same thing, because of the lights, etc. So The Rock, (is he so conceited that he wants to be known for his great importance) when he is playing in movies is made up, and the tatoos are obliterated until the scene has been shot.
@sedel1027 (17851)
The Rock has always had tattoos that represent himself and his Samoan heritage. That really large one, I think is fairly new (or at least I haven't seen it, but I don't keep up on th the Rocks life LOL). I know in at least one of the movies I have seen him in, they did cover his tats. I don't think that is a rare thing though. Many actors and actresses have tattoos IRL and they don't appear in the movies because the tats are a part of the actors life, not the role that they play.