If you had a horrible cold or just flem in your throat?

You were in a place where you could not turn and spit. What would you do to relieve yourself of this? Funny your wondering why I asked this.. Well I had this for a weak and it went away and them came back. I went to the doctor and now it's gone. However I will not swallow Flem or snot and I was in a place recently and had to let it out. All I could here was my daughter saying oh that is so nasty. But I had to remind her it's nasty of her to swallow it back down her throat. I am talking about that thick yellow/green gooey type of Flem. Sorry if you just ate..
I would have to find a place where I could do it in private, but if I couldn't find a place, there is no way I would swallow the stuff. I used to know a woman who was constantly using a tissue to cough stuff up in, I used to find it repulsive, but I guess it beat swallowing it.
Carry some tissues. You can discretely spit into the tissue by turning away from people around you. This is a natural and necessary function - if others are offended by your discretely clearing your throat, too bad for them. It is better than choking.