I Have some Secrets To Share...DID YOU KNOW......

Now that I have some of yoru attention...lol..Everyone has little secrets that make life easier..mayeb somethign passed down..or maybe something you heard from friends..Soo I will start..Did y OU kNOW... tO KEEP OUT BUGS LIKE..ants, spiders, mosquitos, rodents, use some Peppermint Oil..U can buy it at any health Food Store..well thats where i get mine..but im sure its anywhere...but I always use eucalyptus essential oil.A bottle cost $4 at the health food store, and will last all year.put a 3-4 drops across door stop (the outside of the door), and around each window well outside. I refresh about every month or so, more if we get a lot of rain. Can also use around the perimeter of a patio, it will keep away both flying and crawling bugs!! Its Fantastic!!!! So try it this summer and let me know..So what about you?? Anything to add?
@agfarm (930)
I've got one for you. I've never tried it ( I don't have the heart ) But if you have problems with chipmunks and the like.......just buy a couple of packs of juicy-fruit gum..... and set some out. The Chipmunks love the stuff but can't deal with it. It Kills them. Also ( so I've heard ) If you currently have a problem with Ants....Set some cornmeal down.....the Ants will deliver the Cornmeal to the Queen...She consumes it , but when she takes a drink of water...the cornmeal expands in her stomach and she expires; thusly , your Ant problem is solved. ' Hope this helped a little. A.
Awww..that sounds soo painful..although they annoy the heck outta me in the summer ...they always seem to find a way in my house and live in her a cple mths..and my cats all 3 of them dont midn them!! lol..Heck last year my oldest cat Dude thats almost 17 yrs old..was eating his food and the Munk was eating beside him!!! hahah!! hwo funny is that! But..as for ants..i will try that..im evil when it comes to NON FURRY CUTE ANIMALS..HAHA..thanks so much for the information..
@agfarm (930)
Here's another strange one ( I collect these crazy Ideas and save them ) If you lose a Diamond out of it's setting , and it gets lost in the Carpet and you can't Find it.... Do not get out the Vaccum just yet. Diamonds are made up of Carbon ( as we all know ) Carbon will physically react to certain stimulus. In this Case ( trying to find your Diamond ) get yourself a Black light. ( like a party light at the Grocery store ) the Ultra-violet in the Black light reacts with the Carbon in your Diamond and causes what is Called ( I believe ) fluro ( for fluroesence ) Have you ever wondered why all of the Diamonds shine so Brightly in the Jewelery store , even though they might not all be the same grade Diamond? It's because jewelers know about the reactivity in Diamonds to Black light. So....look at the Lighting in the jewelers , the next time you go there. So...in short....if you lose your Diamond...turn off all the lights , except for your Black light. Your Diamond will jump out at you.
@SHAMRACK (8521)
Hi, Thanks for sharing, anyhow I hope it is not more a secret. I rarely use oily food. Still I will try that if possible.
hello there Shamrack..i hope u understood that my use of the peppermint oils was to get rid of bugs and such..they hate it..and it wirks very well..take care:)
@SHAMRACK (8521)
Hi, Oh.. I had mistake, thanks if so it well and good.
@lightningd (1041)
Something that I'm surprised many people don't know about is the wonders of vinegar. Yes, VINEGAR. Did you know that if you have musty smelling clothes or towels that sat at the bottom of the hamper and were wet, if you put two cups of vinegar in the wash with them they will come out fresh smelling. Did you know that if your pet urinates on the floor, especially cats, pouring vinegar on the spot will neutralize the odor? Just go to a search engine and type in uses for vinegar... you will be amazed at the things you can use it for. It's completely non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
Hey there.and thanks alot!! I had no idea about Vinagar//so do i use teh white or the apple cidar vinagar..or teh roangish?? lol..i dont use it enough to know my vinegars lol..but i wil try it out..and let ya know and thanks again for the great info!
just plain old white vinegar usually, but there's websites that have uses for others listed
Just wondering if you can clarify? Did you use both the Peppermint Oil and eucalyptus essential oil outside around the house or did you use the peppermint on you to keep misquitos away? Thanks for the tip.
hiya there and i sure will..i have used both and they both work great..but i like the smell of the eucalyptus better..but thats me..and no i didnt put it on me..i used it on my home around the outside windows and door..and it even works great if u put some around the deck..also..u may laugh but did u know that Bounce Dryer Sheets works AWESOME..around mosquitos and knats..put some in ur shirt or on ur hat..i use that when we go camping..:)
wow im gonna try the peppermint oil thing! i love the smell of peppermint and i hate bugs, so i give it a go! this is a cool discussion and you got some good tips here. I dont know many, but i do know... equal amount of bicarb soda and vinegar will unblock a clogged drain. bicarb in your refridgerator will soak up bad smells and keep it smelling fresh.
hiya there..and i just wa wondering what the world is bicarb? i have never heard of it in my life lol..and as soon as i know im gonna go out and try it my bath tub is a bit clogged i found out tonight lol lol..soo id liek to try this before i get Drano or the snake they make..just for an experiment..is that baking soda? and what kind of vinegar? white? thanks for ur info it was great and thank u!
@CherishC (249)
I didn't know that. I'm going to get me some of that. I hate bugs. I don't have a did you know thing to tell anyone. hmmm let me think about it and if I come up with something I'll post it.
ya man..i hate bugs too..they annoy me on soo many levels!! lol..also just to let ya know..that if u cant find teh oils..and ur outside..get some Bounce Dyer Sheets..and put them in ur shirt..or hat and the bugs stay far away..and dont ask me why..but its only Bounce none of the other oens work..i know i tried them all lol..take care!
@lingli_78 (12836)
i never heard of this before... thanks for sharing this info with us... i haven't come up with anything yet at the moment... but if i have, i will definitely post it here... thanks again for the secret... :-)
@Mickie30 (2631)
Thanks for sharing that I hate spiders and my husband wants a tarantula if I see a spider I scream and jump on the nearest piece of furniture. Spiders and bugs are so creepy and scary I hate them.
@shlooper (309)
One of my favorite things is baking soda. It is amazing for neutralizing odors. I put it in my gym shoes, and inside cabinet where my trash can is. Also, it can be used to whiten things. It is an ingredient in some types of whitening tooth paste, and if you run out of toothpaste for any reason, it can be used in lieu of it for fresh breath (once or twice... its enough to hold you over) also, I use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from white fabric, it bleaches naturally and works very well on blood.
when trying to get stickers off glass (like hen you get new windows)use nail polish remover. works like a charm and much less scrubbing than just water
• Dominican Republic
u know what???????? i thought u were going 2 tell us intimate secrets....