Ten Percent Tuesdays.

@chrislotz (8200)
I live in Canada and we have 10% Tuesdays. What that is is, some stores have a sale every first Tuesday of the month. The sale is 10% off all your purchases. The stores that do this is Sobeys and IGA and now Safeways, too. I guess Safeway figured they should get on the band wagon after Sobeys and IGA had been doing it for a few years. Now I know a lot of people wait till then to do their big shopping trip, till then because on 10% Tuesday the stores are really busy. A person could end up standing in line for an hour, it's that busy. I used to work at a Sobeys, in Calgary, and we were so much more busy on that day. As a cashier I would take in 5 to 8 times as much money as on a regular day. So do you wait till 10% Tuesday to do your big shopping, if you have such a day? If you don't have a 10% Tuesday, from what I said about it being so busy, would you wait to do it? Would it be worth that one hour or more wait to check out? I know I have bought up t0 about $300.00 so I got $30.00 off. I think it's worth the wait.
You know I have always lived around IGA or sobeys and I've never heard of this. I will have to tell my Uncle as he prefers to shop at sobeys LOL
Oh and yes If I find out we have that here I probably would wait til then unless it was an absolute necessity.
@LittleMel (14036)
I don't know about this Tuesday thingy. We only go to Zehrs and Food Basics for grocery. I never heard of Tuesday discount there. They have discounts whenever they decide to I guess, but for seniors I think they have all year round discounts I see discounts for them more often.
We don't have that here in Florida. Sounds like a really great deal! I think if we had 10% Tuesday's here, I would be dumb not to wait until Tuesday to shop unless it was an emergency item.