My computer is over 8 years old. I am in need of a new one

I was looking at arron's rent to own. Since I could pay it off in three months. Without that added money. Boy am I shocked to read this. My mother,sister,and brother all use arrons. They have never had any of these issues, http://www.sanantoniolightning.com/aarons2.html If I had a lap top. Would I need to have something t use it in other places than home? I only have one computer hook up at home. Thanks
@Debs_place (10524)
It sounds like Aarons may not always be scrupulous. I would be concerned...If I were you, I would save the money you would pay them for the 3 months and you should be able to buy something better. Now, according to their website 1/2 of your payment every month goes to the actual balance..so your 3 month payoff may actually be 6. And I looked at the hardware, my computer is 3 years old, it is 1.4G, I would like a new one, but I can't afford it and my works fine, only a few of the computers on the website were duo core. Most of these computers are already obsolete out of the gate. I am finding with mine, that since I did not upgrade OS, much of the new software I would like to get will not run on it. Be careful how you spend your money.
@Araiya (61)
I wouldn't do it through a rent-to-own agency. I would prefer to buy it directly from a company, instead, as I know what I'm going to get, and will often get a better deal this way. Some companies may even offer a refurbished unit that is in excellent condition, so that you could end up with something near-new, for a fraction of what it should have cost you. I'm aware that Dell offers this as DellOutlet, since I follow them on Twitter, but as for HP, CompaQ, Gateway and the others, I've not looked yet.
I personally do not like renting services for technology. You can get a brand new Dell laptop that is way better than any of the ones at Aarons for $500. You can get a used laptop that is a bit better than Aarons for probably ~$300.