How do you clean the bathroom mirror?

@LittleMel (14032)
This is just plain frustrating house chore for me. My husband said newspaper will do the tricks but not it doesn't work. I then use lint-free cloth and windex, it's better but not as clean as expected. Every time I visited someone's house or even the mall, I could see their bathroom mirrors are not that clean either, but of course I don't go around criticizing them. So what do you use to clean the bathroom mirrors from dust etc? Do you actually get that clean, dust free surface?
@pyewacket (44032)
The best thing I've found to use is plain ole white vinegar diluted in some water and I just use a paper towel...Bounty tends to be the best for that as far as paper towels...you can even use the vinegar to wash/clean windows
@LittleMel (14032)
Ok I will try that one. I do have white vinegar. I will still use lint free cloth instead of paper towels
@Grandmaof2 (7602)
I have the special fiber cloth that I use to dust with. All I do is rinse with water nothing else and it works like magic. I love it.
@LittleMel (14032)
what's the brand? what's it called on the bag?
I don't have the package it came in but the name on the cloth is A.C.T.made in sweden.
@LittleMel (14032)
let me look for it! thanks for letting me know!
@jackgym (276)
If you have a good memory for faces you don't need a mirror!
@LittleMel (14032)
there must be mirrors in the gym
@jackgym (276)
You've got me there!
@pinkhour (70)
for me, newspaper does the trick! but before that you would have to spray some cleaning agent, i am using magicclean.. blue in colour. then scrub the mirror using newspapers! viola! clean!!!!
@LittleMel (14032)
no magic clean here. we have windex, blue too.
oh ya!!! should be similar!! =)
@chrislotz (8200)
You have asked the right person. I am a house cleaner and I have owned my own company for the past 6 years. I clean bathroom mirrors with a mixture of vinegar and water. I mix about 1/4 vinegar to 3/4 water in a windex bottle. I then just spray it on the mirror and I use paper towels to wipe it. Windex will work too, but the trick is after spraying and wiping with a paper towel, you need to take a dry paper towel and go over it again before the mirror dries. This will get all the streaks. I don't understand you about the dust because I have cleaned thousands and thousands of mirrors and I have never seen dust on a mirro. I think the only way a person can get dust on their mirrors is if they aren't cleaned often enough.
@LittleMel (14032)
I think it's not dust, it's lint from the cloth or tissue that's why since then I only use lint free cloth but true, I used to clean the mirror every week or whenever we have a visitor
vineger like everyone is saying but i use coffee filters. they dont leave little pieces behind. it is great for eyeglasses too. coffee filters though dont shred like newspaper or paper towels. i mean think of how long it hold wetness and then when removed it still holds together. also dont have to use as much cleaning solution either. it holds it different then a paper towel does. so your products last longer.i also use a paper towel on the bottom of a plate and then put coffee filters on top for when i am dring like fried potatoes , hamburgers, okras etc. it leaves mositure in but doesnt dry it out to much.
@LittleMel (14032)
this is cool idea. I don't use coffeemaker but coffee filters are available cheap. I can try it. thanks!
@polachicago (19073)
Mix 2 teaspoons of white vinegar with 1 liter (qt) warm water. Use crumpled newspaper or cotton cloth to clean. If it doesn't work, use cornstarch.... Those are natural cleaners and are working well for me...
@LittleMel (14032)
cornstarch, interesting! will try it. thanks!
@dpk262006 (58713)
I use newspaper to clean the bathroom mirror, I find newspaper is very effective in cleaning it. I atleast do once in a week. I agree with you that some of the people are not very particular about cleaning and they do not take care to clean their mirror, which shows their laziness. Good Post!
@LittleMel (14032)
so newspaper does work for you wonder why it doesn't in my case
I do OK, but it takes a while, and a lot of effort. My mom uses newspaper, and she manages to get her mirrors looking spotless. I use a paper towel and Windex, using up and down motions. I think it gets really streaky looking when someone goes up and down, and then side to side, trying to clean it. It's best to choose one direction, I guess.
@LittleMel (14032)
that's the thing. I do it both directions and still don't work. I only use one it is better but still not spotless, more dust