DNA test

Yes your reading this correctly. I am asking because I am truly thinking of it myself. I have been around for 38 years. I have seen some strange things on earth. I find one of the most interesting is relationships. People change partners like I change my undies. it takes years to really know a person. Some Woman are having kids by men they barely know. The same with with some men. There are people who move from state to state having found new loves,having more kids. What about the sperm doners who are in the clincs. Or the one night stands where so many free enjoy the night. I could go on for days.. Would you find it a problem if law required a DNA test to start a new relationship. I got to thinking of this as I was thinking of so many things. Along with that my daughter has a brother her age. She has no idea what he looks like. But,thank god I know his name. My brother went out with a girl he found out was our cousin. Just by a simple conversation. I have a sister I never met. But,I do know her name. There are so many unknown family members of so many
@winterose (39897)
I don't like the law interferring in my personal life. The type of people I dated have never been remotely related to me anyhow.
I hear that winterrose :)
@jennysp8 (855)
It's a nice idea and I understand the point that would be behind it...but it would never work. First, it is up to the person to get to know someone before they sleep with them so if they are sleeping with their brother- well, I guess they have learned a lesson...of course, there are children which could result from that and that could be the only true reason behind such law. But, the law could never enforce such rules as they are not with someone 24 hours a day...people would still be sleeping with other people under the radar...The only thing that might (and I mean might) would be a DNA test before marriage...I'm not sure about all the states, but I know there at least used to be required STD testing before marriage - by law. My mother and father had to submit to one but they married moons ago and that was in California...I got married 2 years ago in PA and we weren't required to do that. Then again, if they tried enforcing that on people - there would be alot of debate about it being against our freedom and that the country is trying to control your every move..freedom this and that..blah blah... So, while I understand the concept behind it being a good one for certain purposes...it would never work. My dauther has at least two siblings that I know of that she doesn't even know about yet (because she is too young - my husband isn't her biological dad but is dad in every other sense of the term) but I at least know their names.
I am glad you know their names as well. As for the freedom part. We have lost most of that years ago. I would think on that would lessen birth defects would not be that much of a problem. family having kids can cause a lot of pain for the born child. I am most definitely having one if I ever get married again.
@KKKBsmom (1093)
I am really leaning towards the DNA thing! LOL I was adopted... thankfully din't run into anyone I was biologically related to! LOL But now that I found my bfamily.. no reason to do the dna... you can see it! LOL but there are so many that are thrid cousins that you just never know!!! You should find your sister...
I was not aware I had responses here. I am so glad to hear of your good news. I know my brother searched for her for years. I just met a guy who is my man toys friend. His last name is Dennis which is very rare. I know my sisters name I need not go any further. he knows of us as well so it's fine.
It wouldn't be so bad if you are going to be married. However, for just dating relationship no I don't think it should be necessary. You have struck a cord in me though. I don't know why my dad told me he wondered if I was his child. That threw me for a loop. When I asked my mom about it she seemed so upset about it, because after all my dad was a real jerk growing up. But even though she swore some obsenities and nasty names about my father, she didn't say straight out no either. I am confused about that now.
That would have tossed me upside down as well. I do hope your going to find out. If it bothers you to know. Then leave it all alone. I would want to know myself. I wish the best for you as well.
@Foxfire1875 (2011)
There was a story a few weeks ago about twins who married and if they had had a dna test, then they wouldn't have. Full story here - news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7182817.stm The problem today is that there are a lot of broken families and that leads to half siblings unknowingly meeting and starting relationships, so maybe if the relationship is getting serious dna tests should be taken.
Oh I can't believe twins got married. Let me go to this story. Thanks