What would you be thinking?

In the supermarket and you see ME! spray my shopping cart with lysol? I'll tell you more as you get there.
@Sissygrl (10914)
My aunt has diabeties and gets sick often. So she takes those lysol wipes with her everywhere she goes and wipes everything down before she touches it. I dont blame her! better then not going out at all in fear of getting sick. Now if only people learned to wash their hands properly. REALLY it only takes a few seconds.
I agree with her on that one. It's a bad set of germs out there. :)
@RobinJ (2501)
I was amazed to see that some stores are dispensing wipes to at least clean the push bar/handle on the cart. You have no idea who has used the cart nor where it has been. I try not to put my bear hands on the carts and will carry at least paper of some sort to clean, so I would understand you actions completely
When I g to walmart or target. The rest room is very close to the front. I just go get paper towels with soap and wash my handles down. People look at me like I am crazy all the time. But for some reason parents have no problem with their kids mouths on them. LOL
@sedel1027 (17851)
Nothing. LOL Most of the stores I have been shopping at offer the wipes for the cart or the hand sanitizer right next to the cart area. I try to remember to bring my own wipes, but I don't carry a purse so it is a pain.
Maybe not the entire shopping cart, but at least the front bars that you touch. I hate it when my daughter puts her mouth on the bar. She is older now, but still does it some. I saw someone today at walmart wiping the bars down on her cart. She had an infant in a pumpkin seat. I did think that as a little silly since she was putting the seat on top of the bars. I understand the parents who want the bars to be clean since their child is going to be touching it and possibly putting their mouth on it. They should spray it off when they get done with it as well if they are gonna go to the trouble.
I think she was concerned about waht she could be traveling with on the baby seat. I don't blame her at all. I am making the mom packs. It will be a while LOL I will ship them next month. Also remind me what you like. :)
I will take anything. Thanks so much! Did you get my address?
@coffeeshot (3786)
I totally understand. I have a bit of a germ phobia and even though I don't wash the trolley handle down first, I feel very germy once I've finished my grocery shopping. I always keep antibacterial gel in my car and apply it as soon as I hop back in. I watched a documentary on germs once and the range and severity of germs they found in a shopping centre was atrocious! They found traces of semen on the handle of the esculators and traces of faeces on toilet door handles among other things. I always try to avoid touching handles and railings etc but sometimes it's inevitable. And to think parents let their kids put their mouths on everything is scary. I'm all for exposing kids to germs and dirt but the supermarket is just plain grotty!
I go right to the bathroom when I hit target. I soap up towels to wash my handles down. That is if I have forgot my wipes. I can't believe parents let the kids just suck on the handles. be careful as your bringing that bacteria to your car handles. :) My mother saw that show and almost fell out. I don't even get ice from restaurants becasue of that.
@vera5d (4006)
there are so many germs in stores it is a very good idea! I always use the anti-bacterial hand stuff...i would not think you are strange at all! people always go to the store when they are sick. I had to last week...we were all out of medicine and kleenex and that stuff you need to nurse a good cold - then of course i had to fill my daughter's prescription. other common places to pick up germs: libraries (wash your hands after you read those books!), churches - large group of people in one place sharing their germs for one hour, work, schools, restaurants (don't trust those dishes to actually be clean!)
That is so true about the library. I hated to use the computer there. Then I saw that they cleaned the keys. :)
@bowtieguy (5924)
There's a gal I got something in common with. I don't spray lysol, I do use the sanitary wips at the front door. I wipe down any surfaces I am forced to touch. it may not be normal to most people but it never hurts to be safe and stay clean.
Thanks so much. I have to spray the cart itself. I don't want to travel that mess to my home on my counter when I put my food away.
that you were concerned with germs and that maybe just wiping it umobtrusively might have been better
@KKKBsmom (1093)
I would think you were pretty darn smart! LOL and think how stupid I was not to think of it!
@winterose (39898)
I would not know what to make of it to be honest, I have never seen anybody do that before