Do you buy leg warmers to wear under your pants?

Leg warmers going under my pants - They are not as thick as they use to be
I am on my way to the doctor. I was thinking of buying me a new pair. My daughter wants me to wear them under my pants. She says I don't look cool wearing them. I think they are sold world wide in many colors. I chose black.
@bowtieguy (5917)
I wear thicker socks in the winter months, I though leg warmers have been out of style since flashdance.
I wear thick socks as well. But my socks don't go up to my knee. I am not sure about the style going out.. I know they are warm and I plan to continue to wear them. :)
@sedel1027 (17851)
When I saw the word leg warmer, all I could think was Flash Dance LOL. The weather doesn't get cold enough here for leg warmers. Even when I live din Iowa and walked through snow all winter, I didn't think they were necessary.
I was very warm today with my leg warmers on. I saw so many young girls styling theres. I had mine under my pants leg. Thanks
@crazynurse (7489)
I would love to live somewhere where it was cold enough to need leg warmers! Our lowest temp all winter has been about 20...and that was only for 2 days. I miss cold weather! I would certainly wear leg warmers if it were cold enough to need them. I think they are so cool...they remind me of growing up in the 70s!
In the 20's? Wow that's cold. We're wimps here. In the 50's warrants wearing them... lol!
@mflower2053 (3227)
I remember when I was younger my mom put leg warmers on me over my pants whenever it was cold. She also put them on me to go to dancing school. I was looking to buy some for my daughter for dancing but I never see them when I look for them. Shes not in dancing now anyway but I thought it would of been cute. I don't think I would wear them now.
@lisaviews (184)
Luckily, since my kids are both swimmers, they think they're cool. We all wear them during these months, as we're out at the pool (in the wind, in the rain). However, lately, I've been cheating a little and just wear thick socks with my high Ug boots. They are much warmer than leg warmers and don't slip down...
@mishastar (738)
I wear my legwarmers on the outside of my pants if its really cold outside and I'm wearing flats with no socks. I also wear them under my pants when I wear loose jeans. I don't think it matters how you where them, as long as you feel comfortable. I have them in solids and patterns, but I some how can not find them in black!
@mouse27 (1155)
i used to wear leg warmers when i was 10 but i haven't since then i haven't really found any that i liked i never wore them in my pants they were just like the tops of socks that i used to wear too soo it didn't make a difference to me
@yannycui (377)
Leg warmer, it sounds new to me. I never bought that for me. Unless you feel too cold to stand,I don't want you to have a leg warmer.
Oh man I would love to find some again. I wore them all of the time in the 80's. By the way Giftsandbags they are cool looking :)))
I think that they should be worn under the pants. Never thought anyone looked "cool" wearing them. They are for keeping warm.
Nope, and it has been too hot over here to even think about doing so. Although they look warmer so it might be a possibility during the winter period.
@carmelanirel (20979)
I have a pair of black one that I wear when it is really cold..
@chrislotz (8200)
I am a fairly large woman so I don't wear any because it would just make me look even larger. I know my husband wears long johns under his pants but since he is pretty thin, it is okay. But some of his pants are a bit tight on him so those ones he can't wear them as they are too tight then. One of my brothers is very skinny, too much so, so he wears them to look fuller. I live in a very cold city, in the winter, and could probably benefit from wearing them outside, but I don't want to look even fatter than I already do.
@Chey1970 (1193)
I haven't worn leg warmers since I was a teen, and to tell you the truth, I didn't even know they were still around. *laughing*
@zeloguy (4913)
Under/over if you have cold legs then wear your leg warmers. I don't like when girls wear skirts and leg warmers (so '80s) but other than that inside or outside is cool with me (no pun intended!). Thanks Zelo
@luvstochat (6911)
I don't wear them I think they would bother me but I say if they are comfortable on you and they keep you warm then by all mean wear them!
@diansinta (7550)
I don't buy leg warmer because there are non on our shops here in bali island. I think its cute when we wearing it with skirt, don't you think?
@Winter08 (441)
Somewhere in my "stuff" I have several pairs of leg warmers. I wore them predominantly indoors to offset drafts. As long as my feet and lower legs were warm, I was warm. The most comfortable leg warmers I have are the ones my grandmother knit for me. She's gone now, but I have a few pieces of her knitting (e.g. leg warmers, mitts) as memory markers ... which only works when someone jogs my memory as this discussion did. Thanks for this "memory jogger".