Finding Happiness

@comfort55 (1574)
Do you wait for the big things to happen to make you feel happy like winning a lottery,getting promotion etc. I find happiness in small things like I watch my neighbour's year old son playing,feel internally happy to see how his innocent cute little habits, watch the innocent behaviour of dog,cat or birds if I see nearby. Enjoy watching different colours of flowers in my garden and think of Mother Nature of creating such beautiful creatures. These are the famous lines quoted by Deng Ming-Dao: You may be capable of great things, but life consists of small things. In which small things do you find happiness?
@nancyrowina (3850)
Like you watching my two cats brings me happiness and seeing children's innocent behaviour. Also making others feel happy brings me happiness, sadly I suffer with Anxiety based depression so little things that make me happy are often clouded over by every day anxieties about money etc. But this doesn't stop me finding happiness in little things from day to day even if it is short lived.
@comfort55 (1574)
Hi Nancy, I am sorry to know that you are suffering from depression... I would suggest that have faith in God, sometimes we have to go through various hardships and consequently it takes its toll in one or the other way,in your case its depression. I also suffered Nancy from acute financial crisis,which lasted almost for 15 years, but due to my husband's positive thinking, we are saved and now started doing better. These little thing of happiness keep your stress level low...So God is great, a day will come when you'll certainly come out of this mess and things will go in your favour. God Bless!
@izathewzia (5141)
I am doing my own happiness. I don't wait. Although sometimes things happen without me expecting it. Happiness is what we made to feel it.