While trying to reach payout for the month.

Do you strive to just do your best? Or just make up garbage to post and get your points? I need to say thanks to my friends who are giving me the best posts to respond to. I have some awesome people joining from god knows where. But they are bring a lot to the table. My question is from seeing a out of it from last night as well as the last few days. I have also noticed people taking questions others have asked to just reword it. I think it is a shame to cheat from other people that way. All of us have been posting and having great discussions. Then there goes the person who turns right around to redo a post. your cheating yourself out of knowledge when you do that. I have noticed a person doing this who has less than 300 just to clear the air. I don't single anyone one out here. Becasue I know first hand how it hurts. But please give us something to respond to. While we get to know you better. :)
I may try to post a lot more when it comes to trying to reach payout for the month but I do try to give my best answers, I mean after all, that's how answers are determined here. Giving answers that really add to a discussion. No use in giving terrible answers because it won't actually amount to anything.
That is very true as well. Thanks :)
• Jordan
I don't know what points are about, and I don't have enough time to make enough pennies, I come here to unwind, reply when I feel I have something to say about a subject that's about it.
Welcome to mylot, love the user name.. Where did it come from? I am going to guess you like monkeys? Hoep you having fun so far. The points are the numbers by your name.:)
I have never heard of that name before. Do you have a link to the money picture? :)
Monkey picture :)
@kbourgerie (8780)
I hope I'm not one of those people that you think are doing this. Sometimes I read a post and it gives me a new idea, but I try not to duplicate something someone else has just written. I think sometimes that there are similar posts because of changes on mylot, but thats to be expected. I do my best to bring something new to the table, but its not always easy to come up with something that hasn't been discussed in one form or another. If I am posting behind someone and taking their discussion I would truly appreciate knowing about it. That way I could be more aware and not continue to do it.
Oh, how could you think that your like a pro when it comes to posting. if I were as good as you. That would be all I would do on here. Do your write articles on other sites? :)
At first I thought you were being sarcastic and my feelings were hurt, but then I reread what you said and now I feel better. LOL. I have posted many blogs, stories I have written, poems etc on Yahoo 360. Its been a month or so since I've posted anything, but most of them are pretty funny.
K,I am so glad you realized I was not being that way. :) One,I had my mother with her mouth open when I told her about that cake. I had my sister searching for your post. LOL That was gross. Thanks for the info :)
@chrislotz (8203)
I think a lot of people have done exactly what you said. I have noticed it too, but not with one paticular person, but with several people. I have also noticed that when some people read a discussion and respond to it, right after they start their own discussion about the same discussion. I have noticed some of mt friends on my list have done this. I really don't care though, whatever they think they need to do to make some money and get their numbers up, is okay with me. I have a friend on my list that only starts discussions with news stories of the day. I have nothing to ever say to them, so I end up not responding to any of her posts. I keep her on my list because she responds to most of my discussions, but I would like to return the favour and respond to hers, but just can't because I have nothing to add to them. All the news stories are about things in the states and I live in Canada so they are of no interest to me.
@TerryZ (22083)
When I first joined mylot I posted alot of discussions. But I didnt have as many friends as I do now. Right now I only have $1.73 so I know Im not making payout this month.LOL I only post now when I have something to say about whats happening in my life. I always like to know whats going on with my friends here. Mylot people always seem to put a smile on my face!
I do not reach payout every month right now. I am just too busy off line. I try to post decent responses and discussions. If I cannot think of how to respond to something I will quite likely skip over it. I am mostly just here for the community feeling. I do get ideas from others, but I think I do well enough springboarding from them that it is not the same as just doing the same discussion over again.
@sleblanc (114)
at first i started posting just short responses, just agreeing or disagreeing with the topic. however i've seen a lot more discussions lately that have caught my eye and are actually interesting topics to reply to. i enjoy giving my opinion, especially in so many topics that are available in this community and it's also neat to read other peoples posts and comment on them!
@yannycui (377)
You are right. Honest goes first. We make friends , then make money. I learned a lot since I became a memeber 4 days before. I like to read the discssions and responses. Some are very eductional, and some are very funny. Cheating is not a good habit. Forturnetly, I make up very question by myself.
I respond to topics that I feel i can provide a well thought out reply to. If I can not think of more than a few words to reply with i generally do not bother to reply. I also try to do a quick search to see if there are any topics like the one I plan to create before I create it. If I have ever created a topic someone else has already posted I sincerely apoplogize. I never meant to rip anyone off I merely did not see the discussion that i had wanted to start already out in view. I hope that I am not the person that you are talking about but if I am I will make sure to do a more thorough search before creating a discussion from now on. I have a thirst for knowledge and love to read everyones individual topcs and see if I am able to respond to them.
@nomoso (652)
i just joined here for making money but then it was interesting to meet people and talking with them.so i dont really care about whether i reach my minimum payout or not but still hang out here..
@winterose (39898)
I just come on here when I do not have any real work projects to do, so I don't worry about payout, if I make it I make if not oh well no big deal
@moneyandgc (3430)
I don't really respond to posts with the intention of making payout so my responses are pretty uniform. Hence I only have $1.63 in my account this month. I respond if I have something to add. If I don't, I just move on. I haven't started my own discussion in ages. I usually just respond to other people's discussions. It's easier for me because most of the time I don't have a lot of time to devote to sitting at the computer.
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I try to start discussions that I find interesting, but I have plenty of evidence that no-one else does and respond to others in a sensible manner that hopefully stimulates and sometimes engenders debate. Personally I don't like reworded questions, but it is a fact that sometimes you can be busy drafting a discussion, especially if it has its origins in that day's news, and someone else has exactly the same idea and just pips you to the post. You've then got two, virtually identical posts on the go. It's even more galling if nobody responds to either. I am guilty of sensational announcements such as the one that you replied to today (I'm 16 and just had triplets) but I think that that is because, unlike in real life, on myLot I have become attention seeking and like everybody else, I love replies to my posts. What I don't like is a tendency amongst some mylotters to ask short, poorly phrased questions. I san excuse poor English, but the other day I replied to a post asking how much money could be made on myLot by explaining that this was not the road to riches, but that a small amount could be made from regular participation and got the reply "Oh yeah watz the athor wayz?". I don't even understand that response but it was unnecessarily rude. Like you I find that I tend to seek out certain people who I know post good discussions. including yourself. I find that they often answer mine. So we must be doing something right. I see that I haven't asked you to be my friend. I shall ask, I hope that you might feel able to agree.
@maddysmommy (16233)
My discussions are usually on what is happening with me and my family on a daily basis. Sometimes its about things happening around me to. Sometimes its questions I want answers to and other times it may seem like its garbage to others but to me it isn't. Whether people want to respond to them or not is fine with me. I agree that copying posts and just rewording them is cheating. However, sometimes other peoples discussions do give you ideas where you can create your own from too.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I never post unless I really have something to say, even if I'm trying to make payout. All of my discussions are either about something of importance to me or something that was just randomly in my head, whether it's an event in my life, or a movie or book I've enjoyed, or just some philosophical thing that's been bugging me. I guess I don't really think less of people who are just here for the money, but I enjoy reading and responding to discussions by other people who take mylot somewhat seriously, or are seriously funny in a few cases. :P
@k1tten (2320)
I try to reply with my best answers. No point in posting a lot of nothing. I'm proud of myself right now for actually posting more than I have in months.
@alexsis (2149)
I will be honest with you, lately I haven't been striving to do my best. For the past 3 or 2 months I haven't been as active as I use to be on here. I'm not good at starting discussion, so thats why I always reply to a discussion. I think it is wrong to reword someone else discussions. I guess people will do anything for money.
I'm here for the conversion as well as the money. I try to start interesting conversations too.
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I just generally like to talk, so I'm doing what comes naturally. Sure, I like the pennies that are adding up and I've thought I'd like to set a goal or two, but the enjoyment alone keeps me going. As long as I'm enjoying myself, I know any goals will be met!