Have you read "da vinci code"?

Singapore
What do you think about that book? I dont believe that book. For me, it will affect my faith in my religion. Its ok, just take it as fiction. How about you, mylot-ers, what do you think about this book?
I'm Catholic. I loved the book. It's the fastest read I've ever done on a novel (1 month! Yeah, yeah... slow, I know ;'p) It's fiction. Will come back here to comment further when I have time ;') Keep the faith =')
@Bluepatch (2480)
• Trinidad And Tobago
I refused to read this book. Can you imagine that for millions of people including myself Jesus Christ was God and this book equates him with having children and leaving descendants. Its a complete apostasy on Christianity. It sold because of people's fascination with scandal. I cannot believe someone could disrespect people's religion this way.
@irisheyes (4372)
It'not great literature but it is a good read. I think the problem is that so many people who read it don't seem to realize that it IS fiction. They take it as some sort of an expose on the Catholic church which is ridiculous. Who ever heard of a fictional expose? You're absolutely right, it is important to remeber that the book is fiction and to take it that way, enjoy the good read but don't read too much into it.
@ersmommy1 (12596)
I started reading the book. I didn't get to finish it. But only for lack of time. I found it entertaining. I have seen the movie based on the book. Again I found it entertaining. But I enjoy most Tom Hanks movies. Take it simply as a form of entertainment.
i havent read this book although i so wanted to! i've watched the movie though. my brother has the book and i was initially planning to read it before the movie came out, but somehow the book got misplaced..so i never got around reading it hehe.
@subha12 (18452)
yes, i have already read Da vinci code. i found this book very thrilling. I do not say anything whether i believe it or not. I am also not relate to that region.I liked the book. I just take it as fiction.
@ElicBxn (61063)
I bought the book on audio and listened to it. I have also seen the movie. I think that people that refuse to see the movie or read the book because they think it'll affect their faith, aren't looking at the fact that all the stuff in it have been proven to be made up. The History Channel spent HOURS on various aspects of the book, proving just how WRONG it is. That doesn't change the fact that its a darn good book and an interesting plot.