Any plans of taking another course?

@heart143 (1204)
I suppose most of us here in mylot are already done or almost done with our schooling. Maybe, most of us are already active in the respective careers we have chosen...in the business, in trade, in politics, in the arts, in teaching, in the movies, parenthood, in the military service, etc. Now that, you have a chosen career and is active on it, do you still plan of going back to school and study further... or take another course or a short course/vocational course? if so, what would it be? Why?
@sminut13 (1786)
well, i'm a stay at home mom now and i'm also not even working nor studying. but i definitely plan to take up some short courses in the near future to upgrade myself. i don't want to be those who don't know anything. i might not do a degree course or anything. as long as it's a practical course in which i'm interested in and can benefit me in the future, i'm willing to take up a short/vocational course. of course, at that time, i should be free to think for myself, ensure that my children are more or less independent and my hubby supports me so that i can do it without any worries.
@heart143 (1204)
Yes, a vocational course is more practical to take up because it has more flexible schedules and it is easier to finish. There are practical courses that lasts for only a few days. It's also nice to learn new things.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
im 40 years old, holding down a job and a two child family. I have degrees in history and archeaology. Last year i started another degree in astro-physics. I dont think there will ever be a time when i am not actively learning blessed be
@heart143 (1204)
All the courses you've taken are very interesting. Yeah, learning is fun especially if its about your likes and interests.
Yes I do have plans on going back to school to take a Masters degree in Communication. But I am also interested with taking up Psychology. I am thorned between my two interest. Money is not a problem because with the company that I am working with right now, they are giving help to their employee to study again with the benefit called Tuition Fee Reimbursement- I just can't decide what will I take.
@heart143 (1204)
You are very fortunate for having a generous and supportive company. Only a few companies give that kind of benefit especially if the course you will be taking is not in line of your work. I suggest that among the two courses you to take, you choose the one which is more related to your work. It can help you to more in your present job and probably be promoted to the position you aspire.
Yes, I actually have plans to pursue another course. Right now I am taking up Accountancy. It was okay at first, but it isn't the course I really want to take. I was just fascinated by the world of business that's why I enrolled in that course, but now, I sometimes get fed up with all those numbers from breakfast up until dinner. I will be taking up BS Biology or Chemistry after I have finished Accountancy. My dream is to really become a neurologist or chemist. I have talked with my mom regarding this one and she had agreed to what I want granting that I have to finish my current course first.
@heart143 (1204)
It's a good thing you're trying to finish your first Accountancy course first before taking up another course. It is better than just dropping the course and enrolling in another. Who knows? You may land a good job while taking your second course. I'm sure your first course will be of help to you in one way or another. May you succeed in all your endeavors. Good luck!
@clowdine (1402)
It's a remote a possibility for me to go back to school for graduate studies. I probably would take a short course like Medical Transcription.
@heart143 (1204)
That's a good one. Taking short courses is also a way to start a new career. Maybe you have plans why you want that course. Good luck!
I would like to finish my courses that I haven't finished. I 1st studied Associate in computer science then I took up nursing which I didn't finish both courses. I would like to finish them both so maybe I can use them in the future. It will be something I would like to look forward to.
@heart143 (1204)
That's a very wise decision. Both courses are interesting and in demand. I wonder why you didn't finish them. I hope you finish them soon and good luck to your career.
@djmarion (4901)
i am a graduate of business management and is a current administrative officer of an electronics and consultancy company in our place. i also think of pursuing further studies in the future, i want to take up a masteral and doctorate degree to my current field so as to improve my ability and competitiveness.
@heart143 (1204)
Yes, that's one thing of keeping up with the times. New graduates are very aggresive and you should be up on our toes anytime. Taking up masteral and/or doctorate in your field improves your more credentials and give you competitive edge over the others in your field.
@pumpkinjam (6939)
I have been through school and college and several courses as an adult. I'm now studying again to train in something different. Basically I'm doing it because I've had enough of having to struggle for money so I'm studying towards a career which is well-paid and flexible. I'd like to do several other things. The only things stopping me right now are time and money!
@heart143 (1204)
I admire your spirit! You never get tired of studying, learning and reaching for your goals. I'm sure time will come that all your hardwork will pay off. Good luck!
@daeckardt (6244)
I have not succeeded in starting a career yet, but I have completed an M.Ed., BS in general science and BS in Management/HRM. I am now considering finding a job in HR. I am also starting a PhD in Organization Management. Someone in here had questioned what job I had might need that, but I have a need to learn!!! I get bored very easily and this gives me something to reach for. It took 18 years from the first time I started college until I got my first degree and I started my second in 2005. I just competed my third last month so starting my fourth is just a continuation.
@heart143 (1204)
Wow! I'm amazed that you've got three bachelors course already and still want another one. I wonder what career you really want to establish. It's a good thing you have resources to support your studies. I think the courses you've taken can already give you a nice career. I suggest you try it. It can give you a clearer idea on what field are you really suited, so that you can concentrate on that field. You can even pursue other courses in the same field if you really love studying.
@daeckardt (6244)
Actually, only two of them are bachelor's degrees. I have one master's degree and I am now working on a PhD. I have been trying to get a career for over 30 years and I have finally pinned it down. I had completed the Master of Education and wanted to go into training and then I found out about Human Resources and that is the direction that I am going now. My current degree program will be geared toward human resources and training which would go hand in hand with the education degree.
@heart143 (1204)
That's great! With all the credentials in your hands, there's no way you could go wrong. Good luck!