When asking a question on my lot

And you know you can't help with the solution. Is it really necessary to respond? Do you really need to respond to let the person know. That your not able to answer it. Or that you have no clue what the subject is about? or would it simply kill you to pass the question by? Leaving it for others who can help. Then the poster would not have to take time to respond. Just wondering if this is just me or not.
I know what you mean, I often pass up questions if I am unable to answer them. It makes me wonder why people even bother, especially when there are specifics in the question that say something like "If you do not know, please don't answer." And there are all these answers with "Well, I don't really know, but my advise is ......" it irritates me too!
I thought it was just me here. I can't stand to go to respond to someone.Then get to the post to find they wasted my time. it's all about the almighty penny for them.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
I know what you mean. But I would rather my friends respond and say that they do not know, than to just ignore my topic. I look forward to hearing from my friends all the time. If they do not know the answer, I still want to hear from them. Sometimes I start descussions with them in mind and I want to know whether or not they know about a certain thing. Bottom line is, I would rather them say that they do not know, than to skip my topic. Besides, If I do not know something, I will go and read others responses, that way I can learn.
This is very different from what pissed me off. I had someone just respond to say they don't know. If one of my friends had responded they would have given me something to go on. Even another way to go about it. The newbie just responded for no good reason.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
If it is a new person, then you have to be patient with them. We all did some things wrong when we first started.
@balasri (26549)
I rarely says that I don't know to my very close friends only to assure them that I am closely following their discussions as they do on mine.This is just out of respect.Other wise I just skip the ones on which I do not have any idea.
@balasri (26549)
Thank you very much for the thumbs up.
@gxnfly (1147)
It doesn't irritate me when my discuss is responded as ,I don't have a clue about that.I think these is no need to be mad about it.Threre are all kinds of people in the world,some people just try to help even if they have no idea about it.Maybe should take it easy with it. As for me ,if I couldn't help I would just pass.I don't want to be considered as a fool.
It's a waste of time going back and forth to emails. Then to get to the post to find someone wasted a spot on your post. I am truly not wrong to feel this way. it was even as though you had to find something to say. The earnings are really getting to some people. I am glad when I can get help to a question. I am even happier to see that all the help was give with thought.
@chrislotz (8203)
I want people to respond to my discussions even if they don't have an answer or opinion or advice. The reason being is because I want to make more money for my discussion. The more responses we get the more money we make. I know that may sound greedy of me, but it is the reason I first signed up with mylot, to earn money. I have also made some good friends, but for me it is about making money online. So I like everyone to respond to my discussions whether they have much to say or not. Therefore I will respond to a discussion that I may not have any solid opinion or advice to give them, but also I will respond to show my support to them in earning more money.
Thanks very much
@queenofarms (1665)
I don't responsed to discussions that i have no clue about. If it was me asking the question or having a discussion, I don't want to read alot of "I have no clue". I think if you don't know anything about the discussion then don't responsed.
@carmelanirel (20979)
If I do respond it would be to say something like, "I need to watch this because I also want to know the answer"...
@ElicBxn (61051)
It is not just you. I don't respond if I can't add anything to a discussion. I don't want to waste either my valuable time or yours. I have a few times asked what exactly a person was asking about if I didn't understand the question. I think those that just kind of say they don't know are just trying to pad their payment with a useless response.
@winterose (39914)
depends what the question is, if you asked a question about how to fix your computer I would not answer to say I don't know how, but if you asked about something I don't know about I might answer and say I don't know anything about this but I would like to know more
@whittby (3073)
Oh, I can just see me answering one of your questions with "I don't know so I thought I would add this response to tell you I can't help you and I don't know" NOT!! It's really not funny, is the tiny portion of the penny earned what the point is, or is it a compulsion to answer no matter what! No, it's not you and this is just a tiny bit worse than the responses with one or two words. whit
@vanities (11401)
• Davao, Philippines
i do response whether i know the answer or not or sometimes i ask to elaborate it more if its not clear to me..