Our dwindling Morality

@Browisn (782)
I'm affraid I may offend many people reading this, but I want to find out how all of the thinking people on MyLot feel about this. Do you believe that the once highly esteemed level of morality of the United States of America has been tarnished? It seems as though our commitment to values of honesty, integrety and decency have been severly compromised. Didn't the US once set an example of adhering to principles of fairness and veracity that was admired by people all over the world?
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I think morality as a whole has gone down the tubes. I know some will say that things will continue to change and we need to accept it, just like things were different when we grew up vs when our parents and grandparents did. I say hogwash. Enough is enough.
@Browisn (782)
I must admit, I have said that before and I really wish it was true but as you seem to think, it can't keep going downhill like this. I wish we could find some really inspiring leaders with the grit and knowledge to straighten this country out.
@Polly1 (12648)
I just read your other comments, they were all good comments too. I agree with them. I am an American, I have high morales. I believe that there are lots of Americans that still have high mroales. I also believe that more bad news is shown and more good news needs to be shown. When there is a major disaster someplace on earth, who jumps up and helps. The Americans, I am not saying other nations don't help too, they do. But overall Americans I believe give more. Americans seem to stand up for people all over the world. I think we as Americans need to start standing up for ourselves and standing up to those Americans that are hurting our country and reputations. I hope I am making sense.
@Browisn (782)
Yes Polly1, loud and clear, and I agree we need to acentuate the positive and eliminate the negative. As we both know, America has a tendancy to publicize all the bad actions of our leaders and celebrities and even ordinary citizens without giving credit for the good that is happening. The problem that this has created is, since our society has become a nation of copycats, these negative actions are being repeated all over the country. It seems like, as soon as the media reports an outrageous episode like Columbine, for instance, it is repeated somewhere else. That is why I would like to see the media broadcasting more positive issues in the future.
@Polly1 (12648)
I so much agree again. The media needs to start taking some responsibility too. They sensationalize so much and then we have every Tom, Mick(can't use a D here) and Harry wanting their 15 minutes of fame, and then we have all these copy cat crimes going on.
@arjun999 (1004)
I dont know about the USA but i think the morality of the whole world is at its lowest.