Do you believe that the cosmos will redirect you to what you're supposed to do?

@cripfemme (7713)
I think the cosmos, the universe, God or whatever you want to call it will definitely do this. I know in my case it has. Ever since I was a little kid, I've wanted to be a writer. I made this career choice at eleven and got into some really elite writing camps and schools. However when I went to college I discovered that I also had a passion to serve other people and part of the way I did that was by being a health educator. This meant that writing took a back seat for a long time, although I never entirely stopped, but as of the past year or two, writing has reasserted itself as my primary form of employment. I would say 90% of my income is from writing in some form. I guess my eleven year old self knew something my adult self forgot. I guess I really was meant to be a writer after all, even a writer who is still passionate about serving and educating people. One of the nicest things I've learned to do is to combine the two. Have you ever felt you separated from something you were supposed to be doing? How did you come back to it? Or did you?
@goldwin65 (937)
Being a christian, I don't believe in cosmos, feng shui, astronomy, palm reading or anything associated with reading luck. I believe in God. For the christian, bible is the words of God and the Ten Commandments is our guide in life. So, we must pray and ask for help and God will answer to our prayers. It depend on what we ask. Be hnest, so far God answer almost all my prayers and if God didn't answer to my prayer, there must be a reason behind it. Remember, things happen for a reason. One thing for sure, be whatever religion you believe in, I believe God will repay us by our good deeds. However, when we do bad, we will get our turn. So, I don't believe in luck and cosmos and anything like that. We have to work for it, pray and do good deeds and we will get the return.
@cripfemme (7713)
Hold on a second! I believe in God too. I am a member of the United Church of Christ in Belchertown, MA. My choice of language was only to be inclusive of people who do not share a faith tradition. I'm sorry you misunderstood me, I thought I was being clear.
@vera5d (4006)
I believe everything in life has a purpose, so even when it seems you are disconnected from a path it is for a reason - you will either find it again or it was not meant to be. I wanted to a writer at 11 also...i think there is a lot to be said about our childhood dreams, lol... it took a backseat for quite awhile but now that I am getting into it again I think I'm a better writer, have more experiences to share, and eith technology it is easier than ever to pursue the passion... have you ever read the book the "7 spiritual laws of success" by deepak chopra? I am rereading it again - it has some very good principles, one called the "Law of Least Effort" - meaning the right things will happen if you are receptive of them...there are some other good principles in it...I reccommend the book to everyone, regardless of what your faith or beliefs are, it really makes you think!
Well I Never knew what I was suppose to do.I never had a answer to the question " what do you want to be when you grow up?" And since I didn't know what I was to do and college was too much money to play around with , I never went.I always thought that you should know what you wanted to study Way before you go to college. It wouldn't occurred to me that I could and should change majors.I still don't know what path I should be doing so I do what I like at the time.So I am separated from what I suppose to be doing but it is hard to get back to something you never knew in the first place.