what is a good job for a thirteen year old girl???

I am 13 years old and I am going to get my working papers and I cant wait to get my new job.... A lot of people say I should do baby sitting and I would like to know your opinion.... gifts and bags daughter...
@Thoroughrob (11748)
Babysitting is good. Working at an ice cream stand or just find some odd jobs from people. My son doesn't do babysitting, he mows yards, fixes little things, paints for people, carries things to help people clean, goes to the store for older people and helps them carry in groceries. He usually ends up making about $100 a week.
@winterose (39897)
babysitting paper route sitting with an elderly person reading to them
@carmelanirel (20979)
Hi gifts daughter, it is good to meet you.. Let's see at thirteen, babysitting is good if you love kids..I suggest you take a Red Cross first aid training so you will know what to do in case of an emergency.. Another idea is delivering newspapers. My nephew did this and my niece is doing it now and they are both very responsible people.. As the weather gets nicer and if you like to play in the dirt, offer to plant flowers and vegetables for those who enjoy them, but can't get down in the dirt to do it themselves.. Or what my own daughter has been doing is dog sitting..with summer vacation coming soon, a lot of people would prefer to leave their pets at home with someone to care for them there.. How about dog walking? Some people love their pets, but are way too tired after work to walk their dog.. The possibilities are endless, but if none of these look good, tell me, what are your interest? Start with what you are interested in and work around that..
@queenofarms (1665)
That was my first job at 13. Its a great job if you like kids. Walking dogs is also a good job. They get exercise and so do you.
• Bahamas
I also think babysitting would be a good way to make some money.seeing that you'r only thirteen you could earn some pocket money and have something to do with your time.You know how you kids complain of being bored all the time. {at least mine does.}lol
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
According to your mother, you should be more concerned about your grades right now. Do not be in such a hurry to go up. Focus on your schooling.
@minnie_98214 (10572)
Babysitting is a good job if you love kids. I did it when I was your age and well im now 29 and still do it. I ran a daycare out of my house so it can lead to a fulfilling career. Not the best pay but the perks are nice.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I think babysitting is a good idea. The thing is you'll have to prove to the parents that you are very trustworthy even at such a young age. See if you can get into a first aid class and CPR classes for infants and children. Having a certifcate for those things will help you look better to the parents Some areas even offer "babysitting training" classes for girls (and boys too probably) that are your age and wanting to babysit. Also start thinking about how to handle other situations that could come up. A parent may want to 'interview' you and find out how you'd handle things...like what if the child starts to vomit and has a fever? what if a 'friend' of the parents comes to the door and tells you that the parents wanted them to pick up the child? what if the neighbors house catches on fire and you have to evacuate with the children? Good Luck sweetie and thanks for visiting mylot!
@NeoComp (1320)
I think Babysitting is good. You don't need a work permit. And you also can get paid big money, and all you do is eat snacks and watch TV, and make sure the kids don't burn down the house! what could be easier?