Where else is my sister to go?

I am sorry if my sister reads this and gets mad. I am sitting here in tears as I can't help her. I did not know she was getting evicted from her apt. Now you know how when your paying over $800.00 rent by yourself and having 3 kids to care for . It's as hard for her as it is to most people. She just holds everything in and no one knows what is going on. I saw her behavior was a little strange. As I have read a few posts she made about her boyfriend. I have a 2 bedroom apt that is tiny as hell. She has to find somewhere for my nephews to go and the youngest is over protective. She will feel so out of place sleeping in my daughters room. With her three kids. My daughters room can't hold a full size bed. Now she went to welfare and they turned her down. She went to another agency today and they need documents stating other people helped her. Whi in gods name can give her this. Now she has 7 days to come up with all that money. She did not get in this by not paying her rent. They raised the rent and she got her notice after it went in effect as many other tenants. I am sorry to be stressing your eyes with this post. But where is my sister going to go with those three kids. Linda4ualways is my sister and she is so quiet about these things. e Please tell me where other than welfare can she go. I went on findable to beg for help. But something is wrong where I can't get in. I may be forced to do things I would normally not do to help her. I may even lose my relationship behind this.
Listen hun you need to hold on in there and not let this get to you. You need to give her all of your support and not leave her alone. My mother was actually on welfare but she closed her case because she is going to try and work, and I might work. But I don't know if you went to the one in manhattan but I think the address for that welfare is 150 Williamth St. 9th floor, NY, NY. Hopefully this can help you if not, then like the poster above you guys could try and go to a local church or something. May god bless you and your sister and everything will fine. At the end of a long black tunnel there is always light.
I know she is gong to have a bad break down if she hits the street. Thanks for the help
Good luck.
@lishiwei (1553)
I'm sorry to hear that.What a kind mother she is!I hope you can help her as much as you can.She is doing the important thing so you should insist her.I think your insist is very important for her.
i am hoping I can help her thanks so much.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi giftsandbagscom, What about The Salvation Army, are they active in your area? I know they do help people, but what they do seems to vary from place to place, I guess it depends on the greatest need. Some churches will help, if you could find the right one. It is terrible to see people in such situations, and it could happen to almost anyone. Blessings.
I had just told her about that. I hope it's not to late to ask them.
@jennybianca (12913)
Paying rent for single parents can be a huge burden. How much notice was she given to leave her rented apartment? I would explore all legal options, because it could be that she hasn't been given enough time to leave. My ex sister-n-law was evicted from her rented house last year (single with 2 kids), but she was given 6 weeks notice. There was a bit of a panic on, & even I was looking at accomodation on the net for her. Fortunately, she was able to find a house to rent. Now in Australia, our system is different to yours. So it's hard for me to give advice. Do single parents on welfare assisstance get rent relief? Do they also get Government help in coming up with the bond? If none of these systems are available to her, I can only assume that she will need to find a shelter for homeless women & children, or rent a caravan in a park.
In our state there has to be at least 3 months notice before a landlord can raise the rent. She should investigate this raise to see if it is legal. I hope that she finds a resolution to her problem soon.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Wow, that is a tough situation.. When we found ourselves in desperate measures like that, the church we go to helps us, but they also help those who don't go to their church..Have you considered asking a local church if they could help? Maybe they know a place for your sister to rent where the rent is not as high..
@winterose (39898)
Tenant Advocacy Project: Solving the Housing Crisis with ... 65% of poor tenants in New York City spend 50% or more of their incomes in rent ... in unsafe conditions or from reaching the crisis point of eviction. ... www.cssny.org/tap/index.html - 17k - Cached - Similar pages try that site also FAQs About Marshals and Evictions In New York City, most eviction cases are brought in the Civil Court. .... How do I know if this is true, and what can I do to help him? ... www.nyc.gov/html/doi/html/marshals/marshal_evictions.html - 29k - Cached - Similar pages [PDF] A LANDLORD’S GUIDE TO THE NEW YORK CITY HOUSING COURT File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML Sometimes the Judge or the court attorney is able to help .... New York law requires that a City Marshal carryout the eviction. The Marshal ... www.nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/housing/pdfs/Landlordbooklet.pdf - Similar pages Rent and Eviction Regulations - New York City The New York City Rent and Eviction Regulations as promulgated and adopted by the Division of Housing and Community Renewal pursuant to Omnibus Housing Act, ... www.dhcr.state.ny.us/ora/pubs/html/rentregsnyc.htm - 14k - Cached - Similar pages Tenant Advocacy Project: Solving the Housing Crisis with ...
@minnie_98214 (10572)
Pray for her thats the best thing you can do now. Its a sad story to hear and I will pray for her also. Hope it all works out.
@sedel1027 (17851)
I don't know if she is a Churchgoer but many churches have fund set up for this kind of thing. The food bank in your area may be able to help as well or at least give her resources.
She is but she won't ask them at all. When she was having problems with something years ago. She went to the church that she tides to and all. They turned her down. Saying people don't pay back the loans to the church. Knowing it was my mother he was talking about.
@sedel1027 (17851)
Maybe she should try another church. I know in our area Catholic Charities helps people out and you don't have to be Catholic to use their service. They actually have a service set up to help with rent and utilities.
She would need to be on the ball with that one. is about time for the First to come around. I finally did a fundable for her I pray she gets some help.
i feel real sorry for her.