I am sleeping home alone tonight

My daughter karisma like tony - My daughter karisma
My daughter is at her friends for the night. I thought I was going to my man toys house. Or he would be coming over to sleep here. That was the plan.... he just called to say he has to go get his daughter for the night. Oh how I love the daddy in him. So since I will be alone I guess I can mylot or play the sims. I have to do something while I was clothes. I am not ready to meet his daughter. Age ten as she is close with her dad. I would hate for her to treat me bad like i was taking her father away. I am not feeling paranoid with this. So would you think I was ok not to meet her right now? My daughter like Tony boy.. I am worried she won't like me
Well first, i am sorry that you have to be alone tonight. But about meeting your boyfriends daughter... how long have you two been dating? If its been a while, than i say you should meet her. Now, if he hasnt told her he's got a new girlfriend than maybe you should still wait. Hope it all works out!!
Wow I never thought about that one. Thanks for that. How do I know if she knows about me? Well friend I won't be asking him either.
I'm sorry if i said anything wrong. I just meant it would be weird if his daughter didn't know and than you showed up. You know.. Im sure your daughter would have freaked out . Im glad that your daughter has met him, and that they get along. Has he ever said anything about you meeting his daughter?
• Bahamas
It would be perfectly ok not to meet her now. You have to be comfortable about meeting her first because kids that age are sharp and they pick up on alot.So you dont have to rush into anything just take your time you'll know when the right time comes. Oh and i hope you have a goodnight and enjoy your own company.
I find your response very wise dragon Fly, I am enjoying it very well. I am on mylot and going to wash some clothes around am. Then I will play the sims. I just cleaned my sewing area and stored some bags. I Love to be cleaning when home alone.
@sedel1027 (17858)
• Cupertino, California
I believe since the relationship is still fairly new, that it would be best to keep his daughter out of the picture. My ex and I have had this conversation regarding his love life. I don't want my son getting use to someone being around then they suddenly disappear.
Thanks for this It is the reason why I wanted my daughter to be left out of it. But since she has met him it has only been getting better. I find your right and I will follow this one.
@CanadaGal (4304)
You're referring to your man as your "man toy", so that doesn't exactly scream commitment and the need to start introducing family. Having a lover meet your kids, and vice versa, is a very tricky situation. Kids tend to bond quickly with people, and to have them get to know this lover (and their kids) well could be a problem if the relationship doesn't work out. The standard suggestion is to wait 6 months before those introductions are made. Basically, to make sure the relationship is more likely to continue. Having said that, I didn't do that in my past. I was doing family type outings with a lover and his daughter and my 3 sons. Granted, in front of the kids, it was just a playdate, for the kids' sake (seeing a movie or going to the park). But we certainly didn't wait the 6 months. I think it was after the first month we started doing that. There's a difference between simple introductions (a quick hi and bye scenerio) and all out "hanging out" together though. You need to talk to your "man toy" and find out if he wants you to meet his daughter, and go from there.
I think the experts recommend that you not meet the kids that are pretty young, until there is a real marriage type commitment in the works. They say it is not too good to have lots of significant others come in and out of the younger kids lives, it is like a divorce, over and over again, if they like you and it does not work out.
@lynboobsy11 (11343)
I think it is better to meet her right now, it is good while she is still young and you can established a good relationship with her. I know at first you will look like a strangers to her but as long she know that his father is your friend you can be as friends too. And can be a mother to her, on the long run, she can understand the relationship you have with her father and can accept you if you treat her good.
@carmelanirel (20948)
I think when you meet her, both of you should be ready and if you are not, I don't think that has a right or wrong answer..(Of course you guys guy decide to get married, then you really should meet the girl before saying your vows..) Take your time, like you said, this girl is there to see her Daddy.. Does she know about you? If not, let it go and if she does, be prepared that one day, she may want to meet you..
I don't blame you for not wanting to meet your friend's daughter just yet. It is best to not bring her into the picture until you are more serious about the relationship. Kids tend to get attached to people so easily. I remember a few people who dated. They would bring the man to their homes and the kids would get attached to the man. Most of the relationships ended and this left the kids hanging in limbo. It is difficult enough for them to accept that their parent is dating, but when and if the relationship ends they suffer for it.
@winterose (39892)
no you are not paranoid, I think he should first tell her about you and get a feel about what she thinks of the idea, then meet her first only for a short period of time, and finally start spending more time with her.
@minnie_98214 (10558)
Well i would stop worrying shes gonna like you. Im sure hes already talked you up to her anyways. But if you are not ready dont rush it.
You are not taking her place as she cant take yours, she is her daughter & you are her girlfriend
@ladysakurax (1161)
Soon or later, you'll meet her. Maybe if you treat her as if she's your daughter, she won't feel left out. You can also introduce your daughter to his. On the other hand, you should meet her daugther as if you are a regular friend of your man so it won't be too sudden. If you see that she is getting used to it and that she feels comfortable in your presence, then you know what to do next.