Pro's Free-For-All Weekend (End of March 2008 - Spring)

@theprogamer (10539)
Need my weekend thread this time. After all the "ugh..." discussions I need some fun. Plus it'll be good to see what's going on with you all. Now on with the show! LIVE!!! From the HyperAstra Spacefortress Lab hovering high above the Earth, yet spinning around the sun in reverse order, but still close enough for you to see it in the northern sky, if you look carefully you might see the future... its...! Pro's Free-for-all Weekend!!!! With talent and skill borrowed from...donuts!? Just donuts...? Uh okay then! Welcome to the free-for-all, the post I do whenever I can so that you can share your weekend and I can share what's been going on with me. And maybe you'll at least chuckle once... or maybe a held back smirk...? Just post what you are doing on the weekend or post something fun. As always the *HIJACK* rule is in place. If your response is interesting enough, weird enough, or just if I feel like it... your response will be hijacked then it'll be about something completely different My week and weekend. Just finished up long week. This one killed me. It was me versus the technology. First two of the printers didn't work right, then the plotter decided to follow suit. I fought with the latter item for an entire day. Looks like an overhaul maybe in order. Nothing planned fun-wise, but I may go out and do something.
Friday I was hijacked by my 11 year old. I was forced to watch Bratz the movie, then play dance dance revolution on Standard mode until my thigh muscles screamed in protest and there was a puddle of sweat pooling around my feet on the DDR mat. I spent the majority of yesterday in bed, not sleeping, but in bed then me and my sweetie went to dinner and to see Doomesday. (don't waste your money if you haven't already) Today I am cleaning like a crazy woman to get my house in order so I can go have my surgery on my left wrist tomorrow without worrying about too much when I get home. But I know that by the time I return my typhoons or my appropriately named, my children, will have wreaked everything that isn't bolted or glued down or too heavy for them to move.
yes laugh at my thighs pain, I somehow knew you would :) And I already checked my vacation and commented you accordingly. If my sweetie ever meets an untimely demise in a tragic cheese grater accident I am coming to find you and making you be mine if I have to chain you to my basement wall to keep you with me, you know that right? Well I'm sure you do now :)
@jennybianca (12913)
My weekend is going to be one of the most boring of your responses. On Saturday I did three loads of washing & hung it all out. I also baked a birthday cake for my hubbys 49th birthday. Whilst I was doing all this I tried to get some vaccuming done, as my parents were coming in the afternoon. For afternoon tea I prepared the coffee & cake for everyone, then was obliged to sit down & listen to an account of my mothers illnessess for 1.5 hours. Whilst all this was happening, I was cooking a whole chicken to take to my mother-in-laws for Sunday. After they left, I rushed around potting a colour in my hair. I got this done just in time to go out for tea for my hubbys birthday. We went to an Irish Pub, & the meal was quite good. Saturday night was fun! Yesterday, Sunday, I rushed around in the morning cooking vegetables to go with the chicken to take for my mother-n-laws place. She is 83 years & disabled & partially blind. When hubby & I arrived at her unit, we found that hubbys brother & family were there. We had to spend the next hour listening to them rave on about how they have lost control of their 11 year old daughter, & how my sister-in-law had a spastic fit at a family bbq last weekend & cried & cried & abused her daughter calling her a b....... My brother-in-law had almost nothing to say about all this & is clearly not "with it". Last night I spent one hour doing my legally allocated time for watering the garden, making soup for tea & watching old reruns of Dads Army. Thanks for letting me vent all this.
@theprogamer (10539)
You are quite welcome Jenny. I didn't find this one "boring", its daily life. :) All of what I read is great (in a general sense). What you've posted on some of your family... you have my sympathy and my thoughts. Don't know what to do about several of those items... but hang in there, you've got support here. And if you feel the need to vent in discussions or in a response, go right on. You have a friendly ear... er well friendly eyes and typing fingers. :)
all I did this weekend was respond and respond and respond again and now my fingers are so tired and my eyes are so tired and I am so tired I am going to flop in bed and read and sleep.lol
@theprogamer (10539)
I stayed up mylotting too for Friday. This time I didn't even feel like sleeping. Perhaps I've found away to exist without it... If I try again and get the same results I'll tell you the secret Hatley.
@sedel1027 (17851)
When I read "Pro's Free-For-All Weekend" my mind drifted off on to an adult topic LOL This weekend. Last night we went out to eat and watch Stargate episodes. Today we were suppose to be canoing but I burnt the bejeezus out of my arm so that is a no go. I am trying to talk hubby into having a baby at the moment (by talk I mean convince him that now - not in 3 years - is the right time for a baby). Maybe we will get some non-birth control action into today Boring end to a week off Hubby is running his Mage game tonight. Blech Otherwise not much going on.
@sedel1027 (17851)
We try to have fun every weekend. Doesn't always work out that way, but it is hard to not have fun with everyone home for 2 days.
@moneyandgc (3430)
It is like Tuesday now but I just found this discussion. I made a discussion a few minutes ago with a picture from my weekend. We went to the Aquarium in Camden on Saturday. That was fun but really crowded. We were going to take the train from Trenton but decided to wait until it warmed up. Other than that, we went to the King of Prussia mall in Philly. We had a lazy Sunday which was nice. We went and did some errands later in the day but most of it was just hanging out and relaxing. Can't wait for it to get warm!