Would you call the cops?

Your family is having dinner together. Dad comes home from work late. He is not himself and sits to the table. Your talking and enjoying the food. Your son asks you for money to go to a school trip. Then dad leaps up from his seat and knocks your sons tooth out. You think you husband is cheating on you. He is missing cash from the family funds. he has no way to show you the missing money. What would you do about your son?
@sedel1027 (17850)
I would call the cops and have my "husband" arrested. I would also go out and get a lawyer ASAP and have his name removed from all bank accounts if possible.
I am glad to read your response. straight and to the point.
@Shawchert (1040)
First of all I would call the cops on him, then get as far away from him as possible and get my son looked at, and have the father pay for the medical bills. I will never allow child abuse in any house. I've called the cops on my brother because he was endangering my father and mother. I'd more than likely devorce the man if i was to find a lot of something missing and he doesn't show me proof or reasons why it is gone...
@uath13 (8204)
That's child abuse. That by itself is grounds for divorse. Get rid of him.
@Brandig (11)
Hi!! My name is Brandi. I have been in the similar situation only it was my husband knocking MY tooth out. I think my husband cheats, too. I have two daughters that saw the abuse. Somehow my husband always came out as the good guy and it was always my fault. I KNOW this is not the truth. haha Anyway there is a place in mystate that is called "Friends of the Family". They have a shelter and they do counseling. (For you and your son.) I wish you the BEST and I hope your son is OK. I have been wanting to divorce my husband for a long time. I STILL haven't. Money issues. I hae a 3yr old son with another man and would love to be with him. He has never hit me and he has a job. My husband doesn't. Anyway, I have learned that life situations are NEVER Easy. I would suggest you pray about it, but I don't want to seem rude. I hope you feel better and your situation gets easier. Take care.
This is not about myself and my daughter. I did go to the shelter with her when I was beaten by her dad. I went back home once and it was not going to change him. So the next time I left it was for good.
If you want me to be honest, I would get up and punch him right in his nose. Then I would call the police, I can guarantee he wont admit to the cops his wife just broke his nose. Then I would leave, take my children with me and never look back, file for divorce on the way out of town.
Lol.....yep, i would do the same thing!! It might bring him back to reality a bit too.
@ersmommy1 (12595)
Knocks his tooth out? Are you f-ing kidding me? That is abuse to the highest order. Uh, yes I'd have him charged.I would worry about the cheating and missing money another time. I'd make an emergency appointment with the dentist to see if the tooth could be saved as well. After I dealt with the son issue(kid comes 1st) I'd deal with the man. Probably with people present. Witnesses in case he tries to do the same to you.
I would take my son to the hospital, then I would call the police and tell them what happened so they could take care of it.
@MH4444 (2161)
Restraining Order as well. Get that right away. That way he will be held accountable even though he is a member of the household.
@bellaofchaos (11549)
Hmmmm let me see here I have to think about thiss..... Wait no I don't if my SO did this to one of mine and his kids he better pray that the cops get there before I gut him like a fish. No offense to anyone I will not stand for any one to hurt my kids. I don't care what the reason. Noone is going to punch my kid when he did nothing wrong and if he did do something wrong then it needs to be dealt with differently.
I would definitely fight with my husband if he does that to my son. I don't care if I get hurt then I would leave him if he does that to my son. I will leave him penniless. My husband knows where he stands now and he knows better than to cheat on me again. I forgave once never would there be a second chance for him.
@schilds (410)
I would definately leave, but I don't know if I would have him arrested. It is the right thing, but depending on how old the child is it might be more traumatizing to him to have his father arrested and have to testify in court. But then without a police report it would be extremely hard to keep him from getting part custody. Not sure what I would do about the police - hopefully I never will have to decide.
@SomeCowgirl (32254)
I would most definitely get the authorities involved and make sure that your son is okay. Take him to the doctor and file a report against your husband. Talk to any financial institutions you have an account with a remove your husbands name from the accounts. As for detecting if your husband is cheating, have you checked your phone records? Call your telephone comapanies and ask them for the a list of your recent outgoing calls and text messaging. Do it quick though, as some cellular companies delete the texting files quickly.
I would all the cop s. No one! not even my children's father would hit my kids for any reason.
@taylorzj (32)
yes ,i wiil call the cops to deal with this affair.
I would indeed call the cops you husband is way out of line and your son did not deserve that what is your husband teaching your son when he reacts so violently? Then I would insist your husband go with you to family conuseler to try and save your marriage and if that does not work file for divorce at once.
@getnbuy (1314)
I would report your husband. He should be arrested for child abuse and have a restraining order put out against him. Otherwise, he will hurt someone in the family again. Make the judge rule it mandatory that he seek professional help for anger management. Don't let him back home until he has successfully done this. You may decide to divorce him but the main thing right now is to protect the children.
This was not my house. I have no husband either. Thanks for the encouragement you shared.
@getnbuy (1314)
Well, I'm glad it wasn't your house or husband, but these things DO happen. I have a friend who had her husband put his fist through her door in a fit of rage. She called the cops. We need to learn not to put up with abuse. Women, especially, have been silent for too long!
@pphdpphd (36)
family is family whether good or bad that is personal business that needs to stay in the home. When the kid gets older my suggestion to him is if his father is a abuser when the time is right knock his butt out.
So you uphold domestic violence.
@moneyandgc (3429)
Wow. I hope this is a hypothetical question. I would call the cops. Yes, the man would be gone. Arrested and gone. I would seek some sort of counseling for the son I think. Nobody is going to abuse my kids.
Yes this is a what if as it goes on in some ones world. We all know of the horrible things we hear on tv.
i would definitely call the police have him arrested and then leave to a different state or at least a different city. once the door of abuse opens it only gets worse therefore i would take my son and leave while he is in jail so that he does not even have a clue as to where i am or what i am doing. that way he can not find you and your son would be safe. i hate stories like these but they seem to be becoming more and more common. it is scary what people will do!
i would put him in jail, dad had no right to hit him father or not the didnt do anything wrong, he's getting his tooth knocked out cuz he wants to go on a school trip? thats crazy. call the cops mybe 1 night in jail will straithen his behind out