what is the thing that upset you the most about your doctor?

@winterose (39897)
my friend's doctor had retired and so she was looking for a new gyn, her friend recommended her doctor, and so my friend Gina that it would be smooth sailing it was not. remember she has never met this doctor before, she goes into his office he asks her what she was therefore, before she finishes what she had to say, he tells her abruptly to go into the examination room, the nurse tells her to take all her clothes off, Gina looks around but there is no white cloth to cover herself, so she takes the white flimpsy paper that is on the changing table, the doctor comes in doesn't say a word but start to fiddle with the instrument he gets upset cause the paper is in his way and he grabs it from her and teares it and throws it on the floor, meanwhile she is left completely exposed, and the nurse is not present in the room, he does what he has to do and leaves the room, she was so upset and embarrassed, she gets dressed goes back into his office he tells her everything looks okay and she leaves, never to return. that was completely horrible as far as I am concerned, Gina never went back to that doctor, what is your worst experience with a doctor?
@wolfie34 (26791)
Don't get me on the subject of doctors, I hate them, sometimes I think I would get more compassion and warmth from the local tom cat! Despite all my records and my history my doctor said I was fit for work, when I went for a full medical the doctor I saw said under no circumstances was I fit enough to go back to work and passed me on that ground, go figure! My doctors are rude, surly and treat you just like a number. It is very difficult to find a decent doctor. I had a list once because I had a few things to ask the doctor, when she saw the list she snapped at me 'What's that?' there was a letter from the pyschiatrist that had been sent to her, she didn't bother reading it and started to read a letter dated 5 years ago and asked me questions about that which had nothing to do with what I was asking her. I refuse to see her again.
@winterose (39897)
I hear you, they learned how to be doctors but never learned how to be people.
@raydene (9874)
Hi Honey This is a discussion that I will answer without answering I have had too many times hearing bad news fro a doc but never really treated badly! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
@Lakota12 (42681)
what an awful Doctor I do beleive I would have got up and hit him one. I dont care for the PRimary Doctors we have they dont do a thing but write referals and get their money every time I go to the hospital or have to go to a specialist I have to go to Primary Doctor for follow up and not really the Doctor that did any thing but my Chemo DOctor and Surgeon now I have to go back for a follow up with primary Doctor since I had thses stents put in oh yeah I go to the heart Doc but then have to turn around and go to the primary Doctor all I know is he gets his money dont think he knows a thing of what is really going on. Why cant we have the pld Doctors back that knew every thingsee ya operate on ya and do thee hospital visits and all that good stuff ? and I wouldnt have gone back to that Doc either matter of fact I would be outside his office bad mouthing him to all the patients!
@winterose (39897)
I know it is just awful, well here the nurses do not stay in the room with the doctor for the examination, for the most part there is nothing going on the doctors have so many patients that they have no time to dilly dally but it is just the way she was treated that was all wrong.
@Lakota12 (42681)
yes I do agree with ya there no one should be treated that way.
@emeraldisle (13145)
OMG if a doctor ever did that to me I would have ripped them a new one. Of course I wouldn't have gotten undressed if there wasn't something for me to switch into. Any doctor who pulls that should be reported. I'm glad to hear she didn't go back to him again. I hope he isn't still in business. My sister had something similar when she went for a mammogram. They told her to take off her shirt and bra but refused her a gown, said "We're all women here. You don't need one." She stayed for the test but then the next day called and complained to the management of the place and she also let her doctor and insurance company know on it. None of them were too happy this occurred. She refused to ever go back to them again and her doctor doesn't blame her.
@winterose (39897)
I certainly don't blame her either, woman or not we have a right to our privacy
@emeraldisle (13145)
Exactly we do and anyone who disregards such should be reported. It is one thing that really irritates me and when I was in the hospital it would aggravate me when personnel thought nothing of talking loudly so I knew other patient information or would just barge into rooms and leave doors open. I let the DON know when the nursing staff would do this because it violated rights of privacy. Just because we are patients doesn't mean we gave up those rights.
@jewel76 (2305)
Wow, another reason for me never to see a male gyno!!!! I'd have been mortified and i don't think i would've stayed for the exam actually!! i don't like men doctors, especially not as gyno OMG..my worst doctor experience...must've been two weeks ago, when i went to my gyno for my 6 weeks afte birth exam...the nurse told me to go into the examination room and remove the bottom part of my clothing, the doc will be in shortly...yah, well, there i was, butt naked, having to go pee very badly, and the doc only got there about 1/2 hour later!!! I was freaking out! And to make matters worse, i had my dad and my almost 2 months old baby waiting in the car!!
@winterose (39897)
yes that awful, I never heard of a wait so long.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
He didn't even let her finish explaining what she was there for. That would be a sign for me to exit the room and find another doctor. No matter how tired they are or how overworked they don't have to be so rude and mean. I don't like men doctors either because to me they don't understand what we really go through as a woman and other women do. I had a male Doctor check me once I told him he was hurting me and he responded that he wasn't and he didn't know how he was. Men! So I have never went back to a man doctor. Maybe this woman shoul have only took her bottoms off instead of all her clothing I am not sure what she was there to get checked for. I bet your dad loved every minute he got to spend extra time with his new grandbaby. and congrats! on being a new mommy nothing is more precious then babies.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Oh winterose! I would have been horribly mortified! I wouldn't have seen that Doctor again either. Your friends other friend should have warned her what this doctor was like and I would have never undressed with something to replace it because the doctor doesn't need a peep show to check me out..Un;ess he so desires one. I probbably would have tried to report this doctor for not following procedures as required by most state laws. Don't know what good it would have done. But I would have tried even if he only got a slap on the wrist that means he alteast will try to follow procedures and get things for womans and men to change into.
@winterose (39897)
well we are in canada, and she didn't report she did tell her friend who said she was very surprised because that never happened to her before.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Oh winterrose I feel for your friend. That was a horrible thing for that doctor to do to her she should have reported it maybe he was having a bad day I don't know or had a headache but you said he didn't even let her finish telling him why she was there that isn't right. I am so glad only girl doctors for me.
@suehan1 (4355)
rose i work with doctors and that is absolutely digusting behaviuour especially from a specialist.firstly he should really have the nurse present with him,and there should be some sort of protective sheet or gown provided. iwould never go back if i experienced that.the worst thing for me with doctors is that that they are too familiar with me and its hard for them to be serious when i actually have something wrong with me,so usually i go elsewhere when i want a seroius answer to any problems i have.cheers sue
@pumpkinjam (6886)
That's a horrible thing to happen. I have doctors who I don't visit because they are a waste of time but I don't think they would do anything like that. The worst thing our doctors have done is prescribe medicine we don't need instead of examining us properly and one doctor had a stranger in the room without asking if it was ok or explaining who he was or why he was there. There's also the fact that our doctors tend to be ignorant, refusing to listen because they assume they always know best no matter how many times you return to tell them their advice/medicine, etc. is not working.
@sedel1027 (17851)
OMG. I would not have even gotten undressed. What a rude Dr! I hope she reported him. I have had Dr be jackasses but nothing like that.