Replying Twice

Sometimes I worry that I'm going to reply to the same discussion twice. For example, I replied to a discussion about laughing 6 months ago...and while I was just looking for discussions to respond to it came up on the second page! I saw the title, was interested in responding...and then realized...it sounded familar...so I looked through all it's current responses and sure enough! There I was on page 2 of the responses. But this discussion was 6 months ago! What if I respond to one that I didn't remember responding to? Would I get some kind of penalty on my earnings from mylot? Or would nothing happen? Would I maybe look stupid for responding twice to one discussion? And what if I respond in a completely different way!? lol. That would defeniatly make me weird =P And if I responded the same way people might think I'm just going for easy cash!
@wolfie34 (26791)
The easy way out is to rate the discussion then when you go back at a later date and see that discussion is rated then you know you've already responded to it! This was a trick I picked up when I first joined, because I have done that, you don't earn for a double post (least I don't think so!) but it's easily done, everyone has done it so you are not alone!
That's a really good idea wolife! I wouldn't have thought about doing that! =) Thanks for the suggestion! I'm happy that I'm not the only one this happens to! =P lol
@wolfie34 (26791)
Thanks for best response, appreciated!
@diansinta (7550)
Hahaha it is happen to me too. I was concentration about only one intereat that i want to open. Every discussion at gardening i respond and then POPS! "did i just respon this discussion before??" and i check , yes i did. LOL
lol well at least i'm not the only one this happens too! =P I just don't want to have it get erased and then lose my earnings for it. because although I would have replied twice to the same convo, rest assured both replies would be heart felt and important to me.
@diansinta (7550)
You are not alone LilyoftheThorns I hope all myloters will understand that.
@olivemai (4738)
Sometimes I really want to respond again, after I have thought of something different to say! It does not harm your account in any way! I think it does add another post to your number, while leaving comments does not increase the number, but you do get paid for comments too!
Yeah sometimes i leave responses on my responses after I've thought about it more. But I didn't know if it made a difference to do a whole different response a long time afterwards. Thanks!
@olivemai (4738)
I wanted to know the best way to respond and what the numbers mean, as well as how to earn more! I was curious as to why the dollar amount started out similar to the number of posts, but as I left more and more comments, the dollar amount increased but the number of posts next to my name did not increase! So I learned through experience! I also read a lot of information from my new friends and the Frequently asked questions as well as the terms of service! So I think I understand it all now!
We totally can't remember if we responded on mylot discussion unless we take note of it. I don't know if that's happened to me, but yes your right if you respond to that discussion two times or thrice and your opinion is different and yes you will be sounded so weird. Maybe you have different idea everyday, LOL.
@rhane7315 (5670)
lol it also happened on me, too bad i didn't check if i already have a comment on that discussion or not. but i think your 2nd post would not be counted if you already have commented on that already
@DavidReedy (2411)
I think you're too worried. I don't think the mylot Gods are all that vengeful.
• Nepal
Yes, i am sending two times in one discussion i dont know what happens. When i saw its appear two same responds.
@muscare (3069)
Funny, I haven't done that yet(not that I'm aware of, LOL), but I do get a sense of deja vu quite often as I'm typing a response. I do wonder as well whether my response would be the same if I answered the same discussion six months later. I'd like to think so, but I guess a lot can happen in that length of time! Umm, have I answered this discussion before??? LOL!
@s2a2n2 (1732)
yes it does happen to all...thats why while replying we can check the date and reply to recent discussions so that we may not post twice..