I have began to lose weight

ProForm Abs - 
The Pro Form Abs gives you a three-in-one shaping and toning workout that helps sculpt your abdominal muscles. You'll get sexy, flat abs, strong, defined obliques and a more flexible lower back. You can work all of the muscle groups that make up your core, without moving to another machine or even changing positions.
I can believe the way my stomach looks. I have not drank any soda in over a week. I have gone to the store to buy ice tea. I know now that I am done with soda. I have the weight just falling off my stomach. I Knew I would lose some weight. But not like this. My stomach is going down very fast. If your at all trying to lose your belly. Stop drinking soda. What are you doing to lose weight?I am going to buy me an ab workout machine.. This looks nice The Pro Form Abs gives you a three-in-one shaping and toning workout that helps sculpt your abdominal muscles. You'll get sexy, flat abs, strong, defined obliques and a more flexible lower back. You can work all of the muscle groups that make up your core, without moving to another machine or even changing positions.
@ladym33 (10990)
Congratulations! Soda does pack on a lot of calories. I would love to know how the equipment works out for you. Keep us posted.
I had to buy more panties today. My others don't fit me. I joined the gym today and I plan to work my abs. Thanks
@vera5d (4006)
congrats on losing weight! i have been battling to fit in my old clothes since having my daughter 7 months ago. my biggest problem of course is no willpower, lol I have tried to cut out sugar and carbs as much as i can, but then my hubby will bring home a cheesecake, lol. I have been exercising more lately, i hope this will help. i would like an ab machine but don't ahev much money to work with so i guess i'll just have to make do with sit ups :)
See if there is a freecycle near you. Thanks
Want to know another secret? I used to drink at least a liter of soda a day and now I drink nothing but water. I did it using splenda, the zero calorie sugar. I buy lots of koolaid and lots of splenda and sometimes ice tea. All day I drink delicious drinks and never drink a calorie all because of splenda. My OBGYN said nothing bad about this zero calorie sweetener so I am convinced that it is good for me. However I have not lost any weight because I am pregnant, so ofcourse it is kind of impossible but I have slowly switched my diet to a very healthy one and will probaly find it a lot easier to lose weight once the baby comes out. I am always hydrated and I feel great compared to when I did when I drank soda, I can now work out more, I am nine months pregnant and I get on the elliptical machine for at least an hour a day. Strongly recomend the splenda to all the woman out there like me! Love it!
I have the splenda in my fridge. I just don't use it much. I don't make fruit juice much any more. I drink water a lot more and ice tea and also v8 fusion. The ice tea I guess I can use splenda again.Thanks
@jess368 (3368)
Congratulations! I know everyone says diet soda is bad for you. But my mom quit drinking Mountain Dew, and began drinking Diet Mountain Dew. She lost 36 pounds in a month! Keep up the good work. Ab machines work well, if you use them on a regular basis. Quitting drinking soda can be hard. Many people experience caffeine headaches. But it seems that you are going to prevent that by drinking tea, to get the caffeine. Good luck on continuing to get healthy, and keep us updated on your progress.
I did not drink anything but water. Which I was not drinking at all. I had the worst case of headaches. I thought I was going to explode in here one day. But I was told here by a friend that it was the soda.
@minnie_98214 (10572)
Congrats and keep up the good work.
Thanks Minnie. I have never seen you around. Welcome to mylot.
Thanks. Youve seen me lol I have responded to a few of your discussions. I just changed my picture so that may be why.
@chiyosan (30194)
that is actually true. drinking soda will make you take in extra pounds... i guess because of the high sugar content. I have lost a lot of weight just by not drinking any soda too. :) by the way, what tea are you drinking?
Great thread. I have also lost 26 lbs in 9 months. I'm wondering if anyone knows when the weight loss stops or evens out. I used to drink 2 liters of Mountain Dew a day.
@winterose (39897)
I think it is wonderful that you stayed off of soda, were you drinking regular soda or diet? Because I drink a lot of diet soda. I don't have the money to by those machines, but I am going to try and go out for a walk everyday now that the better weather is coming in.
I have been trying to catch a sale. I stopped drinking regular soda. I was told the diet is just as bad, SO I don't want any of it.
@sid556 (30989)
i do sit ups and pushups and yoga and walk. I also drink lots of ice water and have not drank soda or anything in years and years. Last pair of jeans I bought was a size 3...last week. still working on belly fat tho...it is the hardest to get rid or.
You would die if you wore my size. I am going from a 20 to a smaller size. I never want to be smaller than a size 13/14
Woohoo!! Good for you! there are health benefits to not drinking soda, as well. Keep up the great work- you can do it!
Thanks for the smile you gave me.
There are a lot of advantages to dropping the pop. In addition you will have stronger bones, and stronger teeth as well. I do not drink pop. Unfortunately it has not dropped my belly. I need to do some workouts myself.
turbo jam is my favorite workout. I just have to move to a bigger place to use it.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Congratulations, gifts..I am very proud of you..
Thanks Caramel,I am having the time of my life. I am going to buy some clothes.
A friend of mine has lost weight by eating cereal, eating Subway Melts, and drinking more water. I'm not sure about the last one. My mother has also lost weight, but we're not really sure how she is losing. My dad thinks she's losing because we haven't eaten out in a while, and she cooks more often now too.
I lost 10 pounds from not eating at Mc Donald's for the month.
@Breath (1297)
Thats wonderful!I am a woman is is fixing to go on a diet and join a gym.Wanting to go to the beach this summer with a killer stomach and over all body.My biggest thing is drinking soda.I know it would help me out so much to give it up.I am glad you could give it up.Today I keep telling my self is the day of no soda.Wish me luck with the beach body of my dreams and of course I wish you luck also...:)
I was able to do it by my daughters words. She told me about her teacher. She stopped smoking by simply saying I will have one later. Then later she would say that to herself and it ended the smoking. I found that was a great thing my daughter was told. So She kept telling me to say this as well. I drink a lot more water and very few ice teas. I am now slowing down on the sugar intake. So I am giving up coffee as well. Slowly the cake is going t be next.
@posham (1237)
hmm.. me, i'm trying this walking project aiming for 10,000 steps a day (www.walk-a-ton.blogspot.com) but i'm not losing much in my belly area.. i'm not fond of sodas and have stopped drinking about 10 years ago.. after graduating from college, i no longer got to train so much because i'm no longer a varsity player.. i don't know what to do.. i want to enroll to a local gym.. sigh..
@Ravenladyj (22936)
I cut sugars out of my diet (including in my coffee which was a major adjustment for me LOL) about 2 or 3 yrs ago and it made a big difference...I also started watchign my portions (originally by using a smaller plate) a little over a yr ago AND I allow myself a cheat day...Other things I've been doing is working out (when I'm physically able) and just generally being more active and eating more fruits and veggies.....About two yrs ago I had topped out at 206 lbs which is the biggest I've ever been in my life (before kids I was 135..after my oldest two I was 145...then I had my youngest and it all went to hell from there) but in the past 18 mths I've lost 40lbs which is pretty good all things considered...I'd like to lose another 20 or so by summer and then maintain it...It was really hard for a while there though becuase i didnt have any decent ways to workout other than my treadmill adn I'm one of those ppl who needs variety in order to keep my interest and keep me motivated..Beginning of this yr my husband bought me a homegym and I'm just loving it plus with the warm weather coming i'll be able to get my bike out again WOOHOO!!
@suehan1 (4355)
good on you for giving up the soda and losing the weight,i am trying hard to give up a few things also and soda is high on the list,so i drink a lot more water now which is good,but i have to give up the chocolate.cheers sue
@mbs730 (2151)
Congrats and that is great to hear! Fortunately I never liked sugary sodas but I made up for that with eating unhealthy foods and portions over time. But limiting diet sodas is important too. Diet sodas are also bad for your weight loss goals because it can increase appetite. It's bes to avoid soda all together, especially sugary ones but on weekends occasionally I will have a diet coke. I I am losing weight too and it feels so much better!
@moneyandgc (3430)
Congratulations on ridding your diet of Pepsi! I remember one of my high school teachers doing the same thing. She replaced it with water. Not only was she less hungry all the time; she told us that she wasn't bloated anymore. Her body was hydrated and she began losing weight quickly. She did go through the caffeine withdrawl headaches but they pass and then you are home free!
I wish I could lose some weight! I have tried uctting back on junk food and not binge eating and eating slower but my metabolism must be shot. I started my "diet" about three weeks ago and have since only lost 5 pounds. Five the very first week, since then... nothing. Perhaps I should try more exercise... I walk to the mall almost everyday to check my mail. It's about 15 minutes either way. But it doesnt seem to be helping.
@leeapollo (611)
congratulation! get weight have too many problem and the disadvantage is obvious,so it was wise to lose weight.and for me ,I am trying to lose some weight now ,and I take lots of exercise and eat less than usually and far away from soda or coffee and other soft drink,I just drink water.I hope I can make it after several months hard work.continue on,come on let do it together.