Made from scratch or made from a jar or can... which do you do most?

I ask this question as I am consuming instant mashed potatoes and frozen veggies coated with Archer Farms Indian Inspired Simmer Sause... When you are cooking, do you make your sauces from scratch or do you ever use jarred or canned sauses? Do you ever use mixes for baked goods? Do you make boxed stuffing or Mac and cheese? Do you make instant or canned soup? Inquiring minds want to know... Is it just me who takes the easy route and uses mixes, bottles and cans of things in cooking food for myself and others?
I prefer making things that are pretty much prepared for me. I just have to add things to it and go. My partner however likes making things from scratch a lot of the time and I find it annoying sometimes because it takes so much longer to do that and sometimes I just don't feel like waiting or don't have the time to wait.
I can understand your feelings... I don't like waiting to eat either. I must admit that my boyfriend likes to make things from scratch and, as he is East Indian believes, that the fresher the better and that a multitude of spices is needed for the dishes to taste good. There is no way that I can hope to learn to cook from him as he tends to kick me out of the kitchen. I grew up in a household where canned, boiled and overcooked food was king and where the only spices used were a bit of papricka and garlic salt. a little black pepper, salt, and sugar in most things. Sometimes she would used bay leaf for spaggheti sause and cloves for meat dishes.I must admit that I have broadened my ability to try new things and to tolerate many new spices but my ability to cook the dishes that I like remains limited.
There were meals made when I was growing up that were made from scratch, but it wasn't an everyday thing, heck it may not have happened every week but it did happen. Sometimes I think that taking all the time to make things from scratch is kind of pointless. Spices and what not are nice, yes, having fresh food is nice too, but I don't see the point in having it all the time.
I agree with you when my boyfriend is not doing the cooking... grins.
Right now I'm making a pot roast. I make alot of soups from scratch. I enjoy cooking and try to do alot from scratch. but I also use some mixes . They're not bad and pretty tasty.
It is good that you know how to make things from scratch... There are some of us that are challenged in the kitchen. lol Wondering what mixes you like that are tasty? Inquiring minds and hungry stomachs want to know...