How or where do you store your rice?

Rice Storage - The Tupperware Rice Dispenser come with fully detachable parts so cleaning and maintanance is a breeze. For FIFO -first in first out freshness, rice is filled from the top to ensure the old one is used before the new.
@eagle_f15 (2052)
Malaysia
How do you store your rice? Do you tie up the whole pack with rubber band? Do you use sandwich clip? Do you pour it out from the pack into a container? Do you an earthen clay jar to store it like the tradiotional Chinese?I use the tupperware rice dispenser to store rice. It keeps the rice fresh till the last bit. And it keeps out weevils. How about you?
@lkbooi (16100)
Hi there, we are used to keep our rice in a rectangular plastic container with lid. I usually buy a 10 kg pack white rice and a 5 kg pack brown rice from the hyper market. I pour both of them into the container and max them thoroughly.
@eagle_f15 (2052)
wow!!! 15kg of rice altogether........good to eat brown rice...I have not tried it.
@lkbooi (16100)
It’s believed to eat brown rice or unpolished rice is good for our health as it contains vitamin B and fibre. The brown rice is rather rough and harder so I mix it with the white rice. It’s no harm to try it.
We have a plastic container to store rice. Long time ago we tend to have a china container but this thing is not available any more because it's pretty large. Nowadays people won't eat so much rice:) It's no need to store a lot of them because it's easy to buy rice outside. I love China
@eagle_f15 (2052)
As long as the container is air tight and it keeps the rice weevil bugs out is good enough. Thanks for responding......
@sun2day (1063)
• Virgin Islands (U.S.)
I store my rice in airtight bottles, and sometimes they stay in the bags like I buy them.
@eagle_f15 (2052)
Airtight bottles? That;s new.
We have a little plastic container in the house which we use to store rice. We don't leave it in the original rice sack. We will take and pour into the container.
@eagle_f15 (2052)
@GreenMoo (11837)
I only buy rice in small quantities at the moment as there is nowhere close by that sells it in bulk. So I'm able to tip the small packets into a slightly larger plastic container with a tight fitting lid to keep it fresh. When I was able to buy it in larger bags I used to use a huge plastic contained with a pouring spout that was originally designed to store dry cat food in. What I'd love to have would be big metal bins in which I could store all my dry goods - rice, flour, sugare etc. I guess that will not be happening any time soon though!
@eagle_f15 (2052)
hmmm...speaking of buying rice in bulk....there is a big price hike in rice over in my country.....it's terrible........
@meiteoh (420)
I keep mine in one of those IKEA glass jars with dried chillies. My mum swears that it keeps out weevils and such. If she were here, she'd ask me to throw in a red packet as well, which means that my family rice bowl will never go empty. Also, I was told to never like my rice jar run out and to always keep it close to full - the reasoning? Same with the red packet thing.
@eagle_f15 (2052)
hehehe.....I think if we put red packet in the rice container and shake legs it also won't work heheheh.....
@laglen (19779)
We but rice in bulk then store it in large glass jars. You never know when a mouse will show up to partake of the abundant dry goods!
@eagle_f15 (2052)
@Anne18 (11034)
I store my rice in the store cupboard on the middle shelf in a plactic container. This keeps the rice nice and fresh and since we only use rice about once a week it is easy to get yo put not in the way of other things I need to keep in reach in the kitchen cupboards
@eagle_f15 (2052)
Only once a week you at rice!!! But then I am Asian and rice is my staple food. Yeah I also like to keep my tupperwares within reach. Take out and put back the same place.
@madlees (1381)
I buy 20 kg bags and store them in the steel drum here. I use it for about three months . I always put in neem leaves to avoid the pests which come. Since it is a natural pesticide I am not dscared of it too. Even if the leaves are dried up you can remove it easily. My rice stays just like that even after 3-4 months.
@eagle_f15 (2052)
Wow 20kg bags of rice..........I only buy 10kg bag at a time.
@jofeli (504)
i store it into a rice container. but it only holds about 5kgs. would love to buy a bigger one :)
@eagle_f15 (2052)
You can get the Tupperware Rice Dispenser to put your rice in. It holds up to 10kg of rice. If you need more information, you can always send a message to me in myLot. The photo I put on this topic is the Tupps Rice Dispenser.
@lilybug (21145)
I keep my rice i the pantry in athe bag and it is tied with a twister tie. I buy my rice in smaller bags and it gets used up before it has a chance to go stale and I have never had a problem with weevils.
@eagle_f15 (2052)
Wise choice to buy rice in smaller bags.
@zweeb82 (5713)
Hey, I'm your husband staying in the same apartment, where else do you think? Haha. Yup, the tupperware rice dispenser indeed is a worthwhile investment & yeah I agree on what you said - check for weevils before mixing the new packet with the remainding rice that's in the dispenser....but we always only pour in the rice after the rice dispenser is emptied right?
@eagle_f15 (2052)
Right and thanks to your manly muscles which has always come in useful in pouring that 10kg bag of rice into the dispenser.
@4xmyworld (183)
For me i keep it a tupperware container. Anything that is airtight and kept dry is fine for me and for the rice. Of course weevils is a no no. But if the container is air tight it solved that.
@eagle_f15 (2052)
yeah air tight is a must for storing rice. Thanks for responding
@teison2 (5924)
• Norway
I keep rice either in the original bag or I poor it into a glass jar.
@eagle_f15 (2052)
Would advise to store your rice in air tight containers. Glass jar is okay too as long as its air tight. Thanks for responding
@rhane7315 (5670)
sometimes we put our rice in a rice box and sometimes we just usually tie up the whole pack with rubber band in it
We have a large un-used plastic bin which where we can store heaps of things in, one of the items include our rice supply :p We have it kept in the original bag and we just put that in the bin. The bin is placed in a dry place.