If you found my wallet with a $1000?

@myrith (1830)
If you found my wallet with a $1000 in it and my I.D and address were also in it would you return it to me or would you spend the money and throw out the I.D and address pretending you did not find it, truthfully what would you do?
@YoungInLove (1254)
Id give you your wallet back...HOPING there was a cash reward involved:) if not then oh well, i did the right thing.
@myrith (1830)
Thanks for the honesty, and because you returned it I would be so grateful I would give you something for returning it and for being so honest, good answer.
@lvaldean (1612)
Truthfully I would contact you and let you know that I had it. I would also tell you where I found it. Then I would arrange to meet you in a public place with a witness so that I could return it to you. I would ask you for a receipt. This way there would never be a question that it was returned to you with everything intact.
@myrith (1830)
Well that's very honorable of you, not many would even take the time, and getting that receipt to show you returned it is also a very good idea, way to go
@coffeeshot (3785)
I would give it back. I feel very strongly about things like this as I've lost a wallet before. I was only 17 and I had just been paid $600 cash from my part time holiday job. I left the wallet on the bus and of course, no one returned it to me. I was lucky enoughto have members of my family give me money to make up for it as they probably realised how devastated a hard working teenager would be after losing that amount of money. I always put myself in others' shoes and I believe I'm a very comapassionate person so without tooting my own horn I'd like to say that you'd be lucky if I was the one who found your wallet!
@myrith (1830)
I would say that also that I would be lucky if you found it, thanks for sharing your experience.
myrith I would of course return it to you as it does not belong to me and I have no right to keep it. Since your name and address and Id werethere I would have even more reason to return it to you. for all I would know that might be a very important amount of money for you and without it you might have big problems.
@myrith (1830)
God Bless you Hatley, it might have been the last money to my name, to pay either rent or a bill, imagine the anguish if It would not be returned, you would be doing the right thing, Thank you for the honest reply.
@Liasonfan (1702)
Yep, I would return it. Just the way I was raised and although I must admit it might be tempting to keep it, I know I just could not live with myself if I did
@myrith (1830)
Very honorable I was raised that way too. As long as there was a way to get it to the person I would get it to them also, thanks for being honest!
@Liasonfan (1702)
Thanks. I never looked at myself as bring 'honourable'. Just honest and hard working. If Ilost my wallet, I could only hope someone would be honest enough to return it to me, intact....
@myrith (1830)
That's why there is the saying that "Whatever you do Comes back to you" I'm sure the person that found it would return it to you because that's what you would do.
I would definatly return it as I know first hand what it is like to lose a lump of money in a purse and I know if somebody had found mine and returned it the feeling of relief would have been so great that just knowing that if you found somebody else's lost purse or wallet they would be so grateful! Plus I wouldn't be able to keep it as I would always think that what if they had been saving that for ages and they had lost money that had taken them so long to get? If you found a small amount like a note on the floor then how would you know who's it was but, actually finding a purse with a name and address then it can be returned so that is the right thing to do!!
@myrith (1830)
Thank you for being honest about what you would do, and there is no question that this would be the right thing for anyone to do.
@minnie_98214 (10558)
Well since it was you I guess id return it lol. I could never steal someones hard earned money ever id hate if the roles were reversed and someone stole my money.
@myrith (1830)
You're a doll! and maybe I'd give you a reward just for being so honest as to return it, thanks for the reply.