Can you tell me anything about your flea marketing??

I have had a long day today. I went to a flea market that i never knew we had. My landlord is currently renting it for $550.00 a month. His last day is sunday and I want his spot.. Since i don't have any way to get the $550.00 by the first.. I am willing to take half of it. I was just there to see what it was like. Oh my goodness I met all kinds of people. I have people who are saving the pouches for me. I have a 21 year old business man telling me all sorts to great things to do. He has so many stores and he has booths at all the malls. This man has a store in a few countries. I was like oh my goodness. He told me to take my bags to a gallery. Then went on to explain how may bags are great and I have no competition at the flea market.. Then a woman comes to my space and guess what.. She works for a lady who buys recycled crafts for her gallery.. She took my cards and all and will email me this week. Long story short please give me any info you have on flea markets. If you make anything and want me to add it to my shelf. You can pm me. You have to have a business card. I only have my bags etc.. I don't mind helping anyone here.. I am off to the sewing machine.. Talk to you later..
@skinnychick (6906)
All I can tell you is that I love my flea market. It's like a huge garage sale every weekend. There are all kinds of things new and used. It would be a great thing for you and your bags.
The good thing I love about this one here is. The stores are selling new items. The closest to used would be my handbags. Thanks
@Polly1 (12648)
I love shopping at flea markets. I have never sold anything at them. You have to do your homework before signing the dotted line. Some questions to ask....will you have a contract, if you do...can you get out of it if need be. Can you make and sell enough bags to make it worth while to rent the space. How much traffic does the flea market get. Are they open everyday? These are just some of the questions I have come up with. If you do decide to rent the space, you can also sell other things. You can buy things wholesale and then sell them. If you do decide to do this, I wish you much success.
The flea market is open friday,sat,and sun. There is no contract to sign the rent is just due the first of every month. The license and all documents are in my landlords name. He will be letting me take the shop while he opens a spot in Manhattan. I have plans to add other stuff to the shop. I am going to the wholesalers in the city.. The space is the smallest they possibly have.. I can manage the bags Monday - Thursday. Thanks for the help..
• Lubbock, Texas
What great news! I'm always glad to hear that another crafter has found a great outlet for their wares. What a wonderful thing to have more people gathering the pouches for you. I think your bags are just wonderful and I wish you all the success with this venture. I can't tell you anything about flea markets in your area. Here, about all you find are people that go to Mexico and bring back Mexican wares, or junk that people have dug out of the dumpsters. If you have a truly great craft they just don't sell at flea markets.
I am working on traffic to my site for right now. This flea market has no junk for sale. There all new with tags items. I don't have a camera to take any pictures. This flea market has no second hand shoppers at all. I was told by this great guy that it will take time for people to know I am there. But the best part is working traffic to my website. He is helping me design a custom orders books. oh you have to be there to hear this mans business sense.. Thanks very much..
@winterose (39897)
well it is a lot of money are you going to go for it? Do you think that you will sell enough bags to pay for the cost and get more money back in profit?
If the rent for half the shop is the $250.00we think it will cost. I will not have to pay that. I will pay the rent on the first with my money. I have someone giving it back to me. I get about $180.00 or more weekly from him now so I can cover the the $250.00 I am going to make as many wallets and coin purses as I can. I had no idea I had made so many bags that I had today... I am setting up some corner to bring my sewing machine in November.. That is when it's open all week..I am adding other items to the store as I begin to buy the shelves to set them on. This booth here is really small and can't hold but so much. The two booths together I can really do my thing. I just don't want more than I can handle.. Thanks for the help.
@winterose (39897)
good for you hon, I hope it works out for you, i knew the kiosk was a better idea for you than trying to open your own brick and mortar shop it is way too expensive to get started.
@zweeb82 (5713)
Flea markets!~ We love them, especially my wife, haha!~ This is great news. All the best for your success!~