So, would you eat dirt?

A fox news reporter did. I saw this on the news tonight, and at first I was like ok he is really gonna eat dirt. Well he did and this is why. In Haiti people make 2 dollars a day, 2 dollars a day, can you imagine. And with the price of rice doubling there, a main staple in their diet, alot of them can not afford to eat proper foods. So what are they eating- dirt. They make dirt cookies, with dirt, butter, and salt, and they mix it mix it some more, and then bake it in the sun, on the sidewalk then sell them on the streets for 6 cents a piece. He actually bit one, and then thanked the woman that made it for him. I could just cry. I think of all the things we dont have, that we want, or cant go where we want, but I dont have to eat dirt.
@amz4543 (77)
We do a lot of mission work in Haiti. These dirt cookies are some of the better things they are eating. Dirt is actually full of nutrients. I have seen children picking through the garbage and eating things in there. It is so sad to see this type of thing going on when other people are stuffing themselves until they are over full. I wish more people had seen the news guy eating dirt! Maybe they would understand just how poor Haiti is. It is considered a fourth world country. I am going again March 6th and while I don't plan on eating any dirt cookies, I hope we can help out a little bit!
It is certainly sad, and we think we have it bad here right now.
@whittby (3073)
It makes me want to cry reading this too. We don't know how lucky we are do we?
No we dont, and it was like a big smack in the face to me, like wake up, you have no idea what poor really is.