"As old as me"

Being a mother or a child..... what are the things in your childhood that are still with you? or still your mother is keeping? My mother has kept until this very moment the part of my navel which were cut and it is still wrapped with original clothing plus a few baby clothes I had. Do you have any stuff that you can consider "as old as you"? I am glad to know!
@gemini_rose (16192)
I am not actually sure what things my Mum has from when I was a baby that would be as old as me, but I am sure she must have somethings. I on the other hand still have all the teddies that were bought for me when I was born, so they are as old as me. I have them stored up in the loft, I sometimes get them out to have a look at, and it is really strange to see how shabby and old looking they are, a bit like me really!!
@gemini_rose (16192)
That is really sad, I had a housefire once and lost the majority of what memories I had, for some reason though my teddies survived they stunk to high heavens but they survived!!
Hello gemini! that is what i don't have, i don't have teddy..LOL, but, that is cool! Thanks for dropping by!
@jstaubin (423)
I do not have anything from when I was a child. My parents were not the type that kept that kind of stuff. But as for me, I am keeping the impotant things for me children. I have even started a scrap book. In there I have each year documented. That way when they graduated from high school or get married they have all these things to look back on with what I hope are fond memories.
Wow...that is cool jstaubin, i am sure they will treasure that!
will my mom is still keeping my childhood shorts and tops. she is very fond of showing it to anyone who is new in the family .she also shows the photographs of my childhood birthday celebrations.i feel happy when she smiles at me while she is looking at those childhood stuff.
Hello jhonymax, Thanks for responding and sharing! that is very sweet and i can feel that she is really proud of you!
@liquorice (3901)
Wow, that's an unusual thing of your mother to keep! How do you feel about that I wonder? I haven't done that but I've still got the tag that they put around my daughter's tiny wrist after she was born. Impossible now to imagine that it once fitted her as she is now a plump two-year old! I don't think that my mum kept any of my clothes, but she does have some quite old photos of me. She also has a very old (and quite scary-looking) doll that used to belong to either me or my sister. My daughter now plays with this, and I didn't realise until recently that the green woolen dress that this doll wears used to belong to my sister after she was born. It's so tiny that I'd just assumed it was a doll's dress!
LOL, that's cool about the doll's dress. About my umbilical cord that my mom has kept all these years, I was just amazed and every time I'll touch it, I will imagine how tiny I was before! LOL, anyway, maybe my parents don't have enough money for pictures during my time, I got only like 3 pictures and a couple also for my sister! Thanks for dropping by liquorice!
@kykidd (6818)
The oldest thing I have is a picture of me in a beauty contest at about 8 or 10 months old. I'm not sure, because it only has the year listed and not the month. Good news is, I won. :)
wow! so you're a beauty titles kykidd! Great job ha! I always wish to join any of that but I just don't have that beauty really! LOL, Thanks for posting!
@gr8life (6252)
Hello checapricorn, As far as I could remember, I don't have any from the old times *sighs* The oldest stuff that I have with me right now is a wristwatch given by my late father when I was just 11. I had a ring too- the first one bought by my parents but I gave it to my husband to be when we're being apart for the first time and he lost it somewhere!
@jairgirl (2877)
hello checapricorn, i have to look back on what i have since birth LOL like you i have some few baby clothes. my mom is great that she saved the following: christening outfit my favorite dress my favorite PJ's some socks and bibs i have it with me till now and i am saving it for the rest of my life btw, i am keeping my husband's baby spoon it is really cute and i will frame it someday, haha! i hope i do the same when i have mine and even more, i would like to have baby photos and videos as well and other stuff that will make him/her smile or humiliated either way will work LOL takecare and have a great tgif.
Thanks for sharing jairgirl, that is cool about your husband's spoon! I remember i have also mine when i was 5 years old but i did not bring it with me, your story makes me feel to tell my parents to keep it for me and i will bring it with me later! LOL
@jairgirl (2877)
you're welcome! i hope you can get some other stuff that you had when you're a baby when they come visit you? are they coming over soon? i hope all is well and that you guys are enjoying your weekends. takecare!
@ElicBxn (61063)
well, my mother has nothing left, I have some baby clothes somewhere, I want to get a doll and dress it in them.
that's cool ElicBxn, thanks for responding. I even remember when I was in high school and mom wanted to share some of our stuff to our relatives, my sister will always kept her and end up giving mine only! So, I have only like 2 clothes left with mom! LOL
@ElicBxn (61063)
I actually think the clothes might've been my brother's - like he cares. I also have a couple of stuffed animals that are nearly as old as I am.
@Breath (1297)
As a mother I have kept each special outfit my son or daughter has worn up to this point...I have all of my little girls easter dresses/christmas...I also have my sons easter/christmas suits...I have of course their first shoes...I have hair from their first haircuts with pictures...Baby bottels,first teddy bears,ect...I have everything from the hospital...The birth announcement,braclets,pressed flowers that I got from family while I was in the hospital...I have the first few halloween costumes...Trust me my husband says if I save much more we will have to move out and give the house to the kids and all the stuff I am saving for them...lol
wow! you have plenty of their souvenirs, sounds cool! I know they will be happy to have it and see it after like 30 years or more in their life! Thanks for sharing!
i have a baby ring i was given as an infant,looks like it might have a diamond chip in it.i honestly couldn't tell you which of my family bought it for me,probably one of my grandmother's.it's pretty cool to see a ring that small.
wow! You are truly special for them.LOL, for giving you that ring and great thing is you still have it! That is already a treasure for me!LOL
@ruthinian (2311)
I remember that my mom also had that part of my ambilical cord. It was kept together with my 2 siblings' ambilical cords too and wrapped in plastic. I know it was still there. Another thing that I still have is the first embroidered dress that mom made for me when I was a baby. That was actually the first clothes that went to my luggage when I packed it going here to the US. It's still in my luggage because I want to bring it wherever I go.
wow! That is very sweet ruthinian! Thanks for dropping by!
@subha12 (18452)
hmm.. i have to think.. i thnk there are some baby clothes, towels etc. not anything more than that. those are things as old as me.
wow! good for you, you still have your towels! hahahahah..I have not seen my towel when I was younger! Thanks for dropping by subha!
@yogeshdhusa (2237)
Hi Checapricorn, My mom has kept a old shirt. she said that i looked so sweet in that shirt. and a toy car which is broken but still beautiful to look at, its kept on my table. So whenever we have children at our home(guest) i have to hide my car. enjoy :)
wow! That's cool yogeshdhusa! that's cool, for me, I have never seen any toy that I used when I was younger, even if it's destroyed already but the value of that is very priceless! thanks for dropping by!
@aseretdd (13736)
I don't have any of that... but the pillow that i am using is like almost as old as me... i had it or i took it form my father when i was three years old... and i never had the heart to throw it away... even when i went abroad... i specifically told my mother not to throw it... But with my baby... i still have some of the first hair that i cut when she turned 1 year old... i keep it in my wallet...
wow..that is very cool aseretdd! I am sure when your daughter will see it after like 30 years or more, it will always bring a smile in her face recalling her hair that age! That is also i don't have!LOL..thanks for dropping by!
@winterose (39897)
My mother never raised me she has nothing of mine, I have nothing of my childhood either, I don't even have pictures of me when I was little.
I see...that is anyway not a bog deal winterose to have something from childhood as long as you are happy and fulfilled in your life as this time and of course healthy! thanks for dropping by and happy posting!
@kezabelle (2984)
I have a lot of baby pictures of me and my twin in hospital just a day old my mum still has our first dresses (like little dolls ones I was barely over 4lb lol) My children though I have kept their "coming home" from hospital outfits hats and cardys I have their clips from their umbilical cords and their id tags that went on the ankles. For my eldest as she was in NICU we have her incubator tags also but mostly we have lots and lots of pictures so that as they get older and we want to tell them about their lives we have a few visual props also
wow! That's nice kezabelle! that's the correct term I supposed to used, umbilical cord!LOL, I just forgot that! Anyway, in my childhood, maybe my parents can't afford to have pictures, so I have only like 3 pictures! LOL, anyway, thanks for dropping by!
@ellie333 (21018)
I haven't personally got anything but I have a lock of all three of my childrens hair and also their first outfits they wore and their Christening gowns. They all still have their own teddies from babies with them. Ellie :D
wow..that is something I don't have..lol! Thanks for dropping by ellie! happy posting!
@jillbeth (2710)
I still have two baby quilts my mother made for me, so they are probably older than me! I also still have my first teddy bear which I have had since I was six months old.
wow! great to know there are stuff that is much older than you and still present in the house! That's pretty cool! Thanks for dropping by jillbeth!