Has anyone else tried "LypSyl" lip balm?

@koalatbs (2230)
I received it free in a program I participate in and I just love it. I gave a tube to my mom, my sister & niece and also a friend. They all thought it was the best they have ever used. My sister suffers terribly from dry lips in the winter and she said it made her lips so soft and worked so much quicker than chapstick and all of the other kinds she has ever tried before. Has anyone else ever bought any before and how did you like it?
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
Yes, I have used Lypsyl for a couple of years now, and wouldn't be without it. I used to suffer with dry lips in winter, and Lypsyl gives me the protection I need, and keeps my lips nice and soft, without that greasy feeling you get from other products. My husband uses it too! I love it.
@koalatbs (2230)
Hi abbey19 - Oh wow, I finally found someone who's actually heard of it before! Maybe it first came out in your country and now just starting in the U.S. recently. I don't know for sure. I just looked at mine and it says it is a swedish formula but it says it is made in Connecticut in the U.S. Who knows though, maybe they have several different manufacturing plants that make the lip balm. Glad you like it, I definitely do. Although I do not need it very often, I do use it when my lips feel even the least bit dry.
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
If I remember rightly, I think when we lived in England, we got it there too. My hubby uses it more than me, because he suffers with very dry lips in winter or when it's very windy. The Lypsyl stops the lips from drying out, it's great. Thanks for BR!
@cortjo73 (6500)
I don't think I have ever tried it. Where can you get it? It looks like some of the stuff that they sell and Bath and Body Works. Is it? If so, I tried something like it...maybe even it, but, I don't remember liking it. But, it could have been a different blend or something. I'd be willing to try it if I could find it! I use lip balms often.
@cortjo73 (6500)
Ok! And, is it in the makeup section or up by the register?
@liquorice (3901)
We always used to use it for chapped lips when we were growing up. I live in the UK and they still sell it here but I'd forgotten all about it! You used to be able to get it in cherry flavour (well, I suppose it was cherry scented - it didn't actually taste of cherry but because it's so close to your nose it almost did) and that was just my favourite flavour ever, you just reminded me!
@koalatbs (2230)
You are the second person here on myLot who has replied saying they've used it before & loved it. And here I was thinking it was a NEW product. I guess not. Maybe just new to my area here in the U.S. I'm glad you liked it growing up as a child. It really does work great!
@wickedangel (1636)
• Dominican Republic
No I haven't tried it because I can't get it over here in the Dom Rep but I am going to the UK at the end of the month so I will look out for it then. Thanks for sharing this with us Koala :)
@koalatbs (2230)
Good idea wickedangel - hope you can find it in the UK as I think it is very good. Take care!
@winterose (39898)
I have never used lip balm, I find the more you use that stuff the more you have to. I also find if you like your lips they get dry so I never like my lips.
@hezoid (2147)
I used to use it all the time when growing up, of course these days there are so many types avalable and so many different flavurs and i prefer to go for something flavoured. It is a very good brand though.