Push is on to quit laying up U.S. oil reserves

Congress in a bipartisan push is promoting a bill to quit the laying up of oil reserves and release some of it on the market.. Some experts say it would make no difference on the price of gas, etc.. The goal with the reserve oil is to have at least two months worth in reserve. Do you think having this much reserve oil is a good idea? or do you think some of it should be released into the market?
Not only do I think it is a good idea, I think this push to stop putting oil in the reserve is so stupid. First off it will only save us about 5 cents a gallon, wow big deal, that certainly will not change my budget. Second and more importantly, that would set us up for a major disaster. Do you think for one second, the very minute we did that, these oil producing countries wouldnt pull back some of their production, or worse yet some major catastrophic event would happen, and then our reserves would be low. My gosh I cant even begin to tell you how dangerous I think this is.
..that was my first impression too.. course paranoid is my middle name.. but I wouldn't doubt it for one minute..
I dont think it is paranoia at all. I am all for a free press and all the things that come with it, both good and bad, but as long as the media finds it necessary to put this stuff out there, the threat of an attack or disaster the second they do it is very high.
@Lakota12 (42681)
If they have more than 2 months held back think they ought to let some go and I think it should be cheaper that way dont know why it would be the same
sufficient to the day is the trouble therin so release it now
I think anything should be done to give consumers a break with the gas prices. Releasing oil wouldn't hurt. I'm all for it.