Ever seen a shooting star?

@chance00 (3332)
I have never,tell me about it!!
@timmeh0910 (1169)
I see about 2-3 a year actually, I lay out and watch the stars often tho. They go really fast, its amazing. I've seen a meteor shower too, about 100 shooting stars in 1 night. The just fly left and right like all at once, most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
@chance00 (3332)
where do you live?I need to sit outside your house.LOL The shower must have been awesome!!
Illinois =P
@sc00ter (125)
Oh its very pretty and fast. it just shoots across the sky but leaves a lil light trail but it all goes away so so fast. Its very pretty and i've seen them alot when we go camping!
@chance00 (3332)
amazing,may I ask what state you are in?
@april444 (1341)
its so beautiful ..... you have to go out to the country.... i havent seen one in years im in the city :)
@chance00 (3332)
I want to see one so bad.I love the stars and i look at them all the time.In the summer i get on my lounge chair and sit for hours.
@oresal (1350)
• El Salvador
i have, but not lately, its been a while since i look up to the sky at night
@manzician (4733)
Yes... It was so beautiful
Shooting stars are also known as meteors and are bits of dust in space that come into contact with the earth's gravity and get pulled to earth. As they pass through the atmosphere the friction caused by the high speed rubbing on the air causes the meteor to become very hot and glow for a few seconds. Because of their great speed, they appear as a quick streek of blue light. I have seen them and they are impressive. I live in Arizona and the nights are very dark here so they are easy to see. Shooting stars can occur at any time, however, there are parts of space where the concentrations of this dust is high and when the earth passes through these areas we get a series of meteors coming in rapid succession. Here is a site which is supposed to tell what times of each month are best for viewing meteor showers - if that night is cloudless and you are in the country away from city lights you should see a good show. http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/calendar.html
I have its really it falls down from the sky
@surya3331 (693)
No i have not seen anyone. It is great that you have seen the stars live. bYe.
@dattatray (894)
Shooting Star - Shooting Star
Nither me...i havent seen it..