What do you do if

@teka44 (3423)
Brazil
someone refuse to give you a recipe you ask for? This person ask for your recipes many times and you give it always. One day you eat a food in her home and you like it and ask for the recipe and she say NO, she said that never give her recipes because being the only one that have it it makes she more special than the others women lol. So what you do? Have it happened to you?
• Pakistan
Thats selfishness.Yes many time my friends take borrow things from me and when ever i ask for any thing they refuse me.its life.But we should not be selfish what ever people do.
@teka44 (3423)
• Brazil
Hi iftikharsumn. Yes some people don't have shame to do this kind of thing. The next time don't do nothing for them too. So maybe they learn.
• Pakistan
thanks dear i will do same with them next time they should be lesson.
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
i have never had that happen & i really think it's tacky for her to act that way. i sure wouldn't ask her again.
@teka44 (3423)
• Brazil
Hi antiquelady, nice to meet you in this discussion. Well, I recreated it and it came better because I improve the seasoning. And never more give any recipe for her. Thank for your reply. Have a nice sunday.
@Adelida2233 (1008)
Yes, I've had that happen a few times in the past. I usually just try to re-create the meal to the best of my memory and what I think will make it taste better. I had this happen a few years ago where I asked a girl (I would say friend, but thats stretching it a bit) for a recipe and she said something about it being a family recipe blah blah blah. So I went home, thought about what it tasted like, and re-created the recipe. About a week later, I found out she had broken up with her boyfriend because she assumed that I had gone behind her back and asked him for the recipe. I never did get why it was his fault instead of mine, even though I never asked him for it, but who knows. We are probably both better off.
@teka44 (3423)
• Brazil
Hi Adelida. Yes, I recreated it and better because the seasoning. But I never more give any recipe for this person. Thank for reply.
That hasn't happened to me but if i really like the food I think I would try to find something similar on the internet and recreate it the best that I could.
@teka44 (3423)
• Brazil
Hi snowy. I did it not by internet but by myself and it came better because the seasoning. Thank for reply.
well, maybe i'll just respect her decision. anyway, it was my choice if i would give her my recipe. yes, it happened to me once. but i was in the opposite position. someone asked me for my carbonara (white sauce spaghetti) recipe. but i didn't gave it to her because that recipe only runs in the family there was this special ingredient that made the recipe very special. and anyone who was able to eat it asks for the recipe but my family always refuse to give it away. and tell them instead that if they want we can cook for them.
@CherishC (249)
I've had it happen to me a few times. Sometimes I feel the same way with my family's recipe's that have been pasted down to me. I wouldn't tell someone that it make me feel more special if I was the only one that had the recipe, but I feel that my family has had those recipe's since we came from Italy and that's what made use different from other family's. If someone says no, then try again if they say no again that's all you can do, you can't push someone into giving you something that they don't want to give up.