Why the mylot star system ISNT Bad

There are some users here who are complaining about their star rating and telling people to rate them negative. They are saying that trolls are rating them neg and thus making their star low. First of all, if you rate someone a negative and find another post of theirs and make that one negative that the 2nd is rated negative. A friend and I tested out my theory and it appeared to be correct. So for those of you who are complaining about trolls giving you negatives, maybe it's not trolls, maybe you just have more than a handful of people giving you negatives. Try complaining about your star rating less and posting things of value. Also, the star system does provide value. I put trust in those who have a 10. It SHOULDN'T be extremely easy to get a 10. 10 to me means that person exceeds the norm in their posting and is very helpful. 7 and 8 should be considered average. So, if you have a 7 and don't like it, try putting more substance and thought to your posts. And it's obvious that those with 1-5 stars either are disruptive in some way, post things of non-value, or spam. Whew, those are just my thoughts. Sorry for the long rant. What are your thoughts?
@underdogtoo (9591)
Bravo! I never put much thought to stars. I got a high when I got my star for the first time and I never looked back at it in any way. Not even when I got an 8 which I wondered about for a bit. If anyone follows you around and minus you that would say something about your own popularity. I cannot see how anyone could do that and not be banned or something. Surely, their own ratings would conversely drop and they might just vanish into thin air.
@wooitsmolly (3613)
I agree with you that it is a handful of people who will go around and rate one person negative. Many times these people conspire with each other to do just that, and I still consider them to be "trolls" who are working together. In regard to people with 10s being trustworthy... I don't get what you even mean by that. You trust them to do what? They are helpful to who? Is this site about being helpful? I thought it was about discussing and posting opinions. I don't know how you decided what numbers mean what about certain people, but I just disagree. Someone who makes great posts and responses may have a low number because they said one thing that others didn't "like" and got bombarded with negatives. This could include someone with a 1, 2, 5, or 7. I don't judge people based on their number at all. In fact, I usually don't even notice it. I judge responses and discussions on if they are well thought out and not purposefully rude or offensive. Substance and value is objective.
Well, it's not just about posting opinions and discussions. I know this site's trademark isn't about being helpful, but I always find myself in discussions with people who need help with their computers or who looking for a specific piece of software. I mean, if someone is getting a lot of bad ratings, maybe it's not what they said, maybe it's how they said it. Nobody likes a finger pointed at them and when someone comes in and attacks someone, yeah, they're likely to get a minus.
tipsy, I guess we just answer different kinds of discussions then. And I think it is naive to think that it is all about how someone says something. People rate negative based solely on a person's opinion, regardless of how they say it, all of the time. I see it happen all the time and people admit it, too.
@subha12 (18452)
May be its your own view point. Still i must say that you are in this opinion as you were not at all affected by those i guess. May be you think a person with 10 star is worth of Mylot. I was at 10 and then down to 6. May be now I have lost my worth here, is not it? I am saying this what you have to say. Still I can't support those mad people who rated us negative to just lower our ratings.