Wasted a whole chicken bre*st... :(

I thawed chicken last night to make a couple dinners. Even making two dishes from it, I still had too much chicken left. Knowing I wouldn't use it in the next few days, I decided to cook up the last bre*st so I could refreeze it and save it for another meal. I baked the chicken and left it to cool for a little bit. Then I forgot about it! I discovered it still on the stove (thoroughly cooled off, though, lol) 3 1/2 hours later. *sigh* Have you recently done something to try and prevent waste then messed up and wasted it anyway? Or even an attempt to save money that ended up costing more in the end?
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I cook and Tom usually cleans up after dinner, but once in a while he'll leave something to cool before putting it in the fridge and then forget. I Sometimes I notice it before going to bed, sometimes not. I've done it myself and fortunately, it doesn't happen often around here. There's only the two of us, but we sure don't waste much food. As for your chicken, I wouldn't have wasted it. If it had been left out overnight I might have thought twice about it, but not just for 3 or so hours. Nope, I'd have eaten that puppy!
@wisconsin26 (3859)
You could of still ate the chicken even though it was sitting that long, I do and it doesn't hurt me any.. Yeah though I have done that before myself normally though when it becomes a waste it's when it's been dropped on the floor than there too it's not even a waste the dogs get it before I can even get it picked up...