Do Millionaires suffer from depression and why?

London, England
I think most Millionaires will suffer from depression as they worry too much about their money. What do you think?
@Valenas (1509)
I had this whole thing typed out and then I somehow lost it. I'll pick up a part and just give you the general idea. Here is a situation;; You are middle class. You walk into the local gas station and purchase a few lottery tickets. You pick your numbers. A night or so later, you watch as every number you have put on your card pops up on the screen. You are excited, and proclaim that it is the happiest day of your life. You obtain the percentage that you are allowed to keep after taxes are removed from the total. You buy a nice house (or you don't, it doesn't matter), and you are now a multimillionaire. Your friends and family say that they are happy for you. Your friend falls out of a tree, breaking one rib and his arm. His funds come up a little short that month, and he cannot afford his medical bills (or maybe be can, people lie to get what they want, keep that in mind). He turns to you, his multimillionaire buddy. You think about it and you decide that you should help out your friend. All of a sudden, family and friends seem to be coming up "short" with their money, and start turning to you. You buy gifts, but they do not seem like enough for them. You are a multimillionaire, and they expect more from you. You feel like you are falling, like your friends and family now only see you as a well to draw from, like your money is the only thing that is feeding the bond. You start feeling alone...
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
LOL i think yes their urger to become billionaire and see other people getting richer faster can make them depressed LOL
@_Honey_ (781)
would you believe that money is more become of an issue of middle class people? For millionaires, I would say the most common possible cause of their depression is their personal life. Family, friends, significant other. These are the common group of people that may cause depression not just to millionaires but to all of us. Someone who sees the more intimate part of ourselves. Someone we can't manage to lose in our lives. Ergo, once a conflict is formed, some break down.
@p_vadla (1687)
There is, I think, no definitive relationship between being a millionaire and getting depressed. There is no recorded evidence on this particular linkage so far. As such it is clear that a person can lead a normal life even when afflicted with depression and in some cases can become millionaire. Unfortunately the suffering of a depressed person is not very obvious to others but it is an inner turmoil. People often question,how is that a millionaire can be depressed ? [i]Another factor could be that after acquiring all the comforts and being hedonistic for long, they may not find life challenging any more.This often can make a rich, depressed a lot. [/i] While the poor can suffer from lack of food in physical form, the rich can find themselves void of any new ideas for life.Then they may get stagnated mentally.
@madlees (1381)
Hi Warrenbrown, Not only millionaires, any one can suffer from depression. Those who worry too much can suffer from this illness. Why should you pick out millionaires? Is it because that they have too much money on their hands or about the money which they have invested in as many companies as they can? Yes, They will have worry but why does that worry have to go to depression? They will get depressed only when they start losing money .. otherwise they need not get depressed.
Anyone can suffer from depression. It is the result of a brain dysfunction and often a biochemical imbalance. Depression does not discriminate and can be found across income levels and social status. No one is immune. Obsessive worry about anything could be a sign of a mental health problem.
@DuDaDs (88)
• New Zealand
I wouldn't know because I'm not one :( If ever I become one I'll be sure to post it here :) hehehe I think all of us worry about our money. If millionaires get depressed they can just go shopping or do whatever they like to raise their moods because they have money while the rest of us don't have money to fund our hobbies and stuff.