Beware the Cephalopod

@p1kef1sh (45638)
I have a recurring thought about our old Cephalopod friend the Octopus. In my youth I have been diving for these little chaps, usually with a sub-conscious wish that I didn't find one! But imagine if you came across the largest octopus that you ever did see. Enticed by the smidgeon of whelk that you offer it as bait, it slowly and majestically emerges from the lair in which it has lain waiting for just such an occasion. Some twit in a wet suit proffering what amounts to a fish stick. Taking the whelk in a tentacle it carefully maneuvers it to its mouth, its beak making quick work of the poor mollusc shell and all. Now, in an apparent gesture of gratitude, old Octy wraps a tentacle around your neck. Then another and another, What are you going to do to escape this aquatic embrace?
I watched "JAWS" way too many times at the drive in as a youngster, and I am still a little funny about swimming in open real water because of it. Weeds freak me out, never mind a blasted octopus. Let me outta here, please!......
@p1kef1sh (45638)
No problem Annie. If you could just take this tentacle.......
No, NO, NO, Not me! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! (running and hiding behind a rock)
ohmy I have never met an Octopus in the wild water'I would try to disentangle myself and hope maybe someone else saw this. what a way to go in the deep briny not. Other than that I do not know. I know that I ate some tiny tough squilly things in a seafood mix and the label said it contained baby squid. well all I could say is the baby tentacles looked yuccky and tasted like salted 'rubber to me. better that they had left these baby 'squid back in the briny. lol
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Squid cooked properly are delicious. But those tinned ones are often very rubbery.
@ruby222 (4848)
The tinned squid with garlic that they sell in Lidls is well..what can I say...b***** awful..
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Did you take it out of the tin first? Rubbery Jubbery!
@skinnychick (6906)
I love to be embraced even by a cephalopod...why would I want to escape. LOL!!
@p1kef1sh (45638)
LOL. Cuddly Skinny.
You know I love to cuddle!!
@mummymo (23707)
Thanks for that p1ke my darling! Now you have just brought my phobias into play - my heart is racing, my breathing rapid and shallow and there is a sheen of perspiration covering my body! I am trying to figure out if it is my phobia or the thought of you in a diving suit! Be still my beating heart! lol xxx
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Oh Mummymo - I hope that is is your phobia - me in a diving suit is a horribly clammy thought. LOL.
@mummymo (23707)
Oh honey i was imagining you with the conical bra underneath too! lol Hugs and Love xxx
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Now that is something that would cause a nightmare after thinking of it alot. It is not something I would want to run into or even want to think about feeding knowing that it could eat me without second thought.What would I do, what could be done not alot with it wrapped around your neck except maybe biting it or if you have something to stab it with..really nothing to do but think of Psalms 23 and beg for forgiveness and be prepared to meet our maker.
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Goodie has suggested tickling it under the tentacles. Maybe that's worth a try. Hope that you never meet one in the deep.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Well since I will never be in a boat over the Ocean or in a plane flying over a Ocean I dount I will be meeting up soon with it thankfully. Tickle it is a good suggestion unless that makes it mad..
@GreenMoo (11837)
Sh1t myself, and hope that the resultant water pollution would be sufficient to scare him off!
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Better make sure that you have a couple of bowls of fruit and Fibre beforehand just to make sure!
@GreenMoo (11837)
Put me that close to an octopus, and I'm sure Fruit & Fibre won't be necessary.
@agfarm (930)
Well since I am a Super Heroe ( Rogue ) I would MAke Damn sure I made him sick to his stomach Once he had devoured Me! By God he would never think of Messing around with anyone ever again. The Indigestion would be so Incredibly painful , he would be running Scared of the next Human he encountered! Pass the Salt Please! p1KEY.....YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE gREATEST TOPICS!
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Thanks Ag. Did he eat you just before grabbing me? If so, I've got about five minutes before he let's go. "Greater love hath no woman that she gets swallowed by an octopus for her friends". LOL.
@agfarm (930)
You're Darn tootin' P1key.....I'm the type that will jump in head first if I have to! I would rather be the Rock that the Damn thing Choked on......rather than to let anyone perish fighting this disgusting Beast. As my Mom always says......" Fight Fire with.....WAter! " And that's what I intend to Do! Get out of my way ....I want first Dibbs! All hail p1key , and Our mighty King as well!
@novataylor (6570)
An octopus? Never happen. Not to me, not in my lifetime, nope, I'm not going anywhere near one, thank you very much. Where did this one come from, darlin? Seems a wee bit odd.......
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Amazing what ideas I have in my mind Nova. It's just an extension of the garden menagerie! Don't worry I'll dive in and save you. Maybe it'd be better to be cuddled by an octopus. Remember "I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden with you!" LOL.
PRAY!!!! LMAO Pike you are swimming in the wrong waters again. You are a fresh water fish.. not a sea fish! Are you confused again my dear One?
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I am always taking wrong turns Angel. But what do I do now. Oh Bugger it! (Now there's a thought!)
@ellie333 (21018)
I'm so brave I will only paddle or be on top of the water in a vessel of some sort so there is no way you would get me under tempting these things with bait in the first place. I wouldn't swim in the sea after first seeing Jaws as a child and even though I live so near and spend so much time on the beach I don't go in. So in answer to your question I wouldn't have to escape as I wouldn't put myself in that danger position. Ellie :D
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Seagulls, ice cream and sandcastles all have a greater appeal don't they Ellie? I didn't go in the sea for ages after I saw Jaws. Of course I am braver now, so long as the water is warm. So I actually swim about once a decade. LOL.
In this friendly gesture it is just investigating what/who you are and is not trying to harm you. They are very intelligent animals and should not be feared. Just let it investigate and soon it will let go (unless you do things to int ice it into checking you out more).
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Thank you Oscar. I'll bear that in mind should I find one wrapped around my neck!