Anybody Else Like Lynard Skynard?

By JJ
@myklj999 (34221)
Olney, Illinois
I don't, but I love a band called LYNYRD SKYNYRD. This drives me nuts. There was just an ebay add at the top of the page for an "original Lynard Skynard concert t-shirt". I'm a spelling freak anyway, but I see their name mispelled all the time. You'd think the band that gave us "Freebird" and "Swett Home Alabama" and other classic rock songs would get a little more respect. Okay-I just had to rant and get this off my chest-and at least it's not another "favorites" discussion!
@leedug (920)
Ha, it's kind of funny that you spelled the song as "Swett Home Alabama" right after talking about typos. Anyways though, yes I agree. It is so easy to overlook, but it drives me crazy as well.
@myklj999 (34221)
• Olney, Illinois
Really? I didn't notice...
Yeah, I knew you did it on purpose, that's why I didn't say anything.
@Rosekitty (19396)
• San Marcos, Texas
Ummm whats swett Home Alabama? LOL..ok picking on you now so come over to my discussion and tell us who you will be in our movie?
@myklj999 (34221)
• Olney, Illinois
I'm staying with someone who expects me to drop whatever I'm doing at a second's notice and do what they want done. As I was trying to finish the post they're going "I asked you to go to the store a couple minutes ago" so I started hurrying to finish and didn't use my spell check.
@Rosekitty (19396)
• San Marcos, Texas
Um..Ok..seems someone needs to chill while you are busy..LOL..thats ok..you don't need to explain cause I'm older than you and know these things..LOL
@rrdj71 (696)
I COMPLETELY understand. I have annoyed a lot of people in my life,I'm sure because I spend half my time correcting their spelling. My mom was a grammar teacher so it's hard for me not to. It drives me CRAZY!! By the way I do like Lynyrd Skynyrd A LOT myself.
@myklj999 (34221)
• Olney, Illinois
And right after I posted I realized I put "Swett Home Alabama"! DUH!
@tessah (6621)
kk mister spelling freak.. its misspell and sweet
@myklj999 (34221)
• Olney, Illinois
I know, I know...I've got a valid excuse but no valid ID so no one will accept it anyway...
I'm not a huge fan of theirs. Actually, I've nevee really taken the time to listen to all of their songs. I guess I should, though. I really like Tuesday's Gone. I'm trying to learn that on the guitar. Freebird is pretty awesome too.
I'm with you on that, either spell the name right or don't bother. Even if they spell checked it, the name would still be underlined in red because unless your computer has checked it once and you told it the correct spelling it won't know how to spell it, but I digress. I've got a good one for you, my friend overheard some punk kids talking to each other while looking through some CD's at a store. They came across the band Led Zeppelin, one of the dorks said, "Who's Led Zeppelin?" The other replied, "Just another dumb band." Now don't that make your blood boil.
@novataylor (6570)
I'm a spelling freak too, myklj, and the same stuff drives me just as crazy, believe me, please. I actually like Lynyrd Skynyrd, but, and don't hate me for this, I HATE the song "Freebird". Sorry, I can't help it, I just hate it! But I think it's because of the first association I have with it. There was this gross guy who lived in my building, waaaaaaay back then, when it came out, and he LOVED it, played it constantly, and I think that I hated him so much, it colored my perception of the song, you know? But Simple Kind of Man? Mmmm, love that one! And the majority of the rest of them too. BUt not Freebird, nope, not even close. Again, sorry. And hey, your favorites discussions aren't so bad, darlin. Favorites are good. You're one of mine......
@myklj999 (34221)
• Olney, Illinois
Two of my least favorite songs are "Freebird" and (gasp!) "Stairway To Heaven". Although great songs when they came out, they have since been played into the ground on almost every rock radio station in existence, and have been covered (and butchered) by countless thousands of bar bands. I just cannot force myself to listen to either of them anymore.
Ogod, that's so funny - I hate Stairway to Heaven too! But once, I was at a Led Zeppelin concert, and I'd done some chocolate mescaline, and during that song, I had a hallucination - I saw, beginning at the back of the stage, behind the band, this 1940's cartoon-style airplane, and it went across the entire ceiling of the auditorium, then, I couldn't turn my head that far around, and it disappeared. I thought it was part of the show! I didn't realize it was a hallucination, till I found out that no one else saw it. Wow, that was my one and only hallucination! Not that had anything to do with anything, but I thought I'd tell you. But Freebird is considered 'THE' rock anthem, isn't it? Funny, I just can't bear to hear it. And, oooh, Foreigner? Can't stand them. I hate his voice! I call it whine rock, 'cause he sounds so freakin whiny when he sings. And Boston, yuck! But the Stones, The Who, David Bowie (ogod, his voice just makes me practically come), Pink Floyd, especially Wish You Were Here, Bog Seger (YEAH), all of those old guys, I just love them. I'm definitely not as much of a 'hard rocker' as you are, certainly, but I absolutely have some love and appreciation for it, for hard blastin rock and roll, and the guys you told us about the other day, the Something Sixes, I liked the music I heard of theirs. I just tend to run a little softer, I guess - I love voices, and some just make me melt. I dunno, I'm such a girl...
@skinnychick (6906)
He11 yeah, I do...Are you sure that Lynyrd Skynyrd isn't one of your "favorite" bands. LOL Is your favorites streak over, please say yes!! LOL
@myklj999 (34221)
• Olney, Illinois
I think I've got the "favorites" out of my system...for now, anyway.
Awesome! LOL
@mysdianait (65079)
Now if we had been friends 4 years ago I might have heard this band and Free Bird sooner. I onlyheard a few months back here in the Uk onthe radio. For some reason it wasn't popular in Italy snd I have never ever heard of them or the song - but it is brilliant!
Yes, I love Lynyrd Skynyrd. I am also a spelling freak. Yes, at least it is not another 'favourites' discussion.