Concerta for BiPolar

@kymber86 (165)
So I was prescribed Concerta (72 mg) to be used in conjunction with other meds for managing BiPolar disorder. Is it a common occurrance for an ADHD med to be used like this?
I have bipolar and Concerta was never mentioned to me. Maybe I should ask my doctor about it! Let me know if it works for you, please. I take Lithium, Geodon and Celexa and all of them have such horrible side effects.
@kymber86 (165)
I take Concerta with Lamictal, Klonopin, Ambien and Abilify. So far the combination has worked. I haven't snapped at small things since I started the Concerta. And my other meds do not have bad side effects. I know that Lamictal is the first med similar to Lithium to be approved and I can tell you the difference is astounding. Less tremors and nearly no stumbling over my words!
Just want to leave a print,thank you for add me! Smile everyday~
Join the club, I'm on adderall XR for manic depressive because my dad passed away and I couldn't take the thought of him being gone. My guess would be that the brain is shutting down and ADHD medications will work the brain back up to it's normal capacity. Whatever the reason, my medications give me lots more energy and motivation.
@ZephyrSun (7382)
I am really not sure, my son stopping taking Concerta because he wasn't able to go up to the next dose up because of his age and body weight. He took it for his ADHD and it really worked for him(boy I miss Concerta so much) it really calmed him down and seemed much more mellow. He did loose 1% of his body weight while taking it which doesn't sound like much but he was down to 51 pounds at 10 years old. I hope that it works for you. Good luck!
@kymber86 (165)
I was not diagnosed with ADHD, but PTSD presenting through BiPolar, so the Concerta was a surprise!
@ZephyrSun (7382)
I could see where the Concerta would help with Bi-Polar, from what I have heard from people that have it, they have sever mood swings and since the Concerta tends to slow down thoughts and actions. I read probably about 6 months ago that doctors were starting to give Concerta to people with bi-polar and certain other issues.
@kymber86 (165)
Well it's good to know I am not the only one getting this stuff!
Hun i have been on ever type of meds for adhd.... When i was in the 9th grade i stopped because i wanted to do school on my own well i ended up dropping out and ruining my life.... Now that i see myself on addrall again i love it, it keeps me focus all day... Now the BiPolar thing thats weird...