politics

@deebomb (15319)
I will be so glad when the local elections run offs are over. I keep getting phone calls to encourage me to vote for this one or that one. I hate it when I get involved in something and have to run answer the phone every 15 min to have some one asking to vote for this candidate or that one. If it wasn't for possible calls from my family I wouldn't answer the phone. Thank goodness it is over today. Do you keeping getting these annoying calls
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I get a lot of those calls too. Anymore I screen the calls with my answering machine, and if it's a relative or something important, then I will pick up. They're more annoying than telemarketers!!! Personally, I view this as an invasion of privacy. If we're on a 'do not call' list, then I would think that they should be held to our choice. I don't think it's one bit fair that they're allowed to bypass the list. If we wanted to know more about them, then we would check it out otherwise, listen to their debates, read about them in the paper, etc. But to call up homes, I think that stinks!
@deebomb (15319)
I just had the same one calling a number of times yesterday and again this afternoon. I was just getting into a nice nap too. i do have an answering machine but only in the basement. I do wish that they had to follow the do not call list too but apparently they as well as charities are exempt.
@deebomb (15319)
I just got another one so I ask them not to call any more I hope that does it.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
Man, you sure get a lot!! I think if it was me I'd be so ticked right about now that I'd call the person running and complain! And then I'd dial my local radio/tv station and ask why they are exempt from the don't call rule! Grrrr!! I still think it's rotten that they're exempt from the don't call listings, doesn't seem fair because they're NOT soliciting for charity, they are soliciting for votes. I hope your telling them not to call does some good and they quit!
@DonnaLawson (4032)
Are these calls not regulated by the Do No Call law?? I have my number registered on the Do Not Call list and haven't received any of these annoying calls since then.. Might not hurt to try it, it is a lifesaver sometimes..
@deebomb (15319)
No they apparently not. I am registered with the Do Not call list. They apparently don't fall under the regs. We were having the local run off for the senate and so forth. Today it is all over. I finely told them to stop calling me and it must have worked because I haven't received a call since.