Butterfly Box

@carolbee (16233)
Look at this beautiful butterfly box, as I call it, a friend brought to me the other night at work. I was so surprised. She knows I love butterflies. I've always been fascinated with this little insect ever since I was a kid in gradeschool. The box is deep and will hold several small items. It's not my birthday, not my anniversary or any special event. Maybe just the fact I am alive and still breathing! Isn't this a pretty gift?
@tyc415 (5706)
I love butterflies also. I mostly see the yellow ones and brown ones around here. I am sure your friend just wanted to make you feel good all over. I will go look at the picture now.
@tyc415 (5706)
As soon as I saw no picture I figured you were probably at work.
@carolbee (16233)
It was so sweet of my friend to bring me such a nice gift. She knows what a nut I am about butterflies and Elvis. She alternates buying gifts from an insect to a gorgeous hunk. Thanks for responding.
@writersedge (22579)
I have friends who bring me, "Just 'cuz" gifts. These are gifts they bring just because you're you! They know you like something, that thing makes them think of you and they bring it to you just because you're you. I like a butterfly box is a lovely just cuz gift. My Mom (may she rest in peace) would have liked such a gift, she had a real thing for butterflies.
@carolbee (16233)
That's a good name for the gifts this friend gives me. She has such a large heart and is so thoughtful. She just had her first grandbaby and I would think she'd spend her money on the baby instead of this old friend. I am always flattered with the gifts she buys me. My mother is also gone and she loved the little insects also. Thanks for responding.
@whittby (3073)
I'm glad your photo came through finally. I was also picturing a box to hang up outside. My mom loved everything with butterflies and this is something we would have gotten her for a gift. Actually, I like it too. It's especially nice I think to get a gift for no special reason - you have a good friend.
@carolbee (16233)
The photo was there and then the photo was gone by the next day. It really was so nice of my friend to think of me. I find butterflies to be fascinating. Thanks for responding.
@norwexer (149)
What a wonderful and thoughtful gift. So of my favourite gifts are the just because you are you gifts. I love getting gifts and I even get jealous when someone gets a gift, like a birthday, and I do not get one. I can be such a child LOL
@carolbee (16233)
I really appreciated the gift. The photo is now on the previous page. Thanks for responding.
Hi carolbee, That is lovley I lve butterflies as well, it don't need to any special day.because you are a special friend to her. Love Marie. xxx
@carolbee (16233)
Thanks Marie, that was so sweet. She is a good friend. Thanks for responding.
@jillhill (37383)
I'll have to check it out and see....it sounds pretty and what a lovely way to show friendship! You are lucky to have such a good friend.
@carolbee (16233)
It's really pretty. I can see you making something like this to sell at craft shows. This is the time I sure wish myLot would post the photo so members with email notifications could see this gift and not have to go back to the initial discussion. Very inconvenient! Thanks for responding.
@naseeha (1385)
But where is it? DiDNT you upload a picture of it? Anyway enjoy your gift
@carolbee (16233)
Hmmm, wonder what happened. The picture uploaded on my end. Thanks for responding.
@williamjisir (22901)
Hello dear carolbee. It is nice of your friend to send this nice butterfly box as a gift that you like so much. I am very happy for you and your friend as well. Enjoy your life and take care, dear friend.
@carolbee (16233)
How have you been? Haven't heard from you in awhile. This was a wonderful gift. Thanks for responding.
I have been fine, but busy with my work. Now I seem to have more time as we are close to the end of the semester and will soon have our summer vacation. Thanks and take care, carol bee.
that is a very pretty gift and your friend is to be applauded for remembering that you love butterflies. those kind of gifts are so much fun to give and to receive too. a total surprise to the giftee. and a lot of fun to give for the giver too.
@carolbee (16233)
I agree. I know what the friend likes but I have problems finding penguin items. Thanks so much for responding.
@twallace (2675)
That was a beautiful gift, they must have seen it and knew it was something that you would have liked very much. That was nice of your friend. Have a good one.
@carolbee (16233)
It was really nice. Was so thrilled she thought about me. Thanks so much for responding.
@blackbriar (9080)
Sure glad I read the discussions completely cause you had me thinking someone gave you a box to hang up in a tree for the butterflies to go in. lol
hmmmmmm....No pic, I see. I was expecting one the way you worded your discussion. None on your profile page either. I checked. Anyways, I'm picturing it in my mind and see a beautiful box with butterflies of various colors/sizes on it. Thanks for sharing, my friend.
@carolbee (16233)
I don't get it. The initial photo was on the discussion and now it's gone. I uploaded it again. Thanks for responding.
Could be mylot ate it on ya while the discussion was posting. Mylot does that to me on ocassion. Irritating to no end at that.