Facebook as a danger?

Does anyone here feel that one day facebook is going to become a danger to people? Do you feel that it provides too much information to people? Or if a child is on it that a creeper may become hurtful to that child? My sister feels that one day something very bad will come of facebook, and the more I think about it the more I wonder if something could.
@buzzmaker (631)
I read somewhere that Facebook was sharing too much of personal information and it could be dangerous and the information could be misused. So I registered with facebook to see what they were doing. And I don't understand why blame facebook? All the information is optional! One need not input all the info that they consider to be very private. Whats the point in giving all the info and then complaining about it being shared!
I think that its true that people need to decide how much information they wnat to put onto facebook. But at the smae time people are able to access your pictures when they arent on your friend list. Should they be able to do that?
Again, it depends on the one who uploads the pictures. Not the viewer or the Facebook. Facebook lets you decide who all can view your profile, and the pictures for that matter. If one chooses to allow 'friends only' to be able view the profile, the info would not be exposed to anybody else other than on your friend list. I wouldn't blame Facebook for this. After all, sharing the information is all about a social networking site like Facebook! It is profile owner's responsibility to decide what info to put online. I agree that not many people are technically sound nor understand how internet works. In order to handle this, I think that Facebook should improve its website to make it more 'usable' and 'accessible' so that anybody could find these options very effortlessly. That an important thing on facebook should do for its own good. Thanks!
There is risk for all social networking sites really. I think it is all in how much information one chooses to give out. As for children, they should be monitored for these things. They really should.